1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Xbox 360 Smartglass app is out.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by tcrews, Oct 27, 2012.

1. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

If you have an Xbox 360 and an Android device running ICS/JB, the Xbox Smartglass app is out..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.smartglass

Works on my Droid 4 (ICS) and Xoom (JB) though I had to side load/install it on the Xoom.

Very cool to control IE with your touch device, scrolling, typing, pinch to zoom, etc...

2. shizma1

shizma1 New Member

How did you side DL it on your Xoom?

How would one go about side downloading this on a Xoom? I have had my xoom for a while but there is a lot that I don't know. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to give smart glass a try.
  3. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You have to have access to a device that can download the file and then transfer it from that device to somewhere the Xoom can also access and install it that way.

I used my Droid 4 since it is a supported device and was able to download it from the Play Store.

You can search the web, I've seen owners of the Nexus 7 obtaining it that way.

Hopefully Microsoft will update the app to allow other devices to download it (like tablets)
Search tags for this page
droid x not compatible with smart glass
rooted xoom tablet and xbox360?

sideload xbox smartglass

smartglass sideload install droid 3
ufc live smartglass for thunderbolt
xbox 360 smartglass free
xbox smart glass samsung s3

xbox smartglass droid x

xbox smartglass droid x2