Xbox 360 or PS3?

aceofspades

Reaction score
I hear Xbox is best. Either way, we sell a TON of games for both at work.

kparks

Reaction score
i went PS3 first and was considering the Xbox but i realized most of the exclusives to the Xbox come out on the PC like mass effect. i miss out on Gears of war and the halos but im not much into shooters anyway =P
if its on PC also it cant be exclusive haha!! a exclusive is only playable in the 360 and nothing else!!

Diordna

Reaction score
RRoD you can fix your own too, look up in internet. It's good to take the xbox and wrap it in towels for awhile and let it cool. If that doesn't work then they are great at fixing that stuff anyways.

Canadroid

Reaction score
I've noticed a difference in voice chat between them. It's not a deal breaker or as bad as some will make it out to be, though. I think it's because microsoft strictly controls the voip while sony is less strict about it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

You talking about the quality of the voip service or the quality of the people on it? lol

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get both. I always do that just for the exclusives for each console. I play my 360 more for certain reasons...

Playing a Playstation for years before finally getting the orig Xbox years ago, it was a learning curve using the Xbox controller. And it still is a lil bit when I play the 360 alot and try to play the PS3 and vice versa. It takes a few minutes for me to adjust...lol

I say get both, if you can. If not, PS3 just for the Blu Ray player.

The RRoD, its probably a non issue now with the 360's made within the last 2 years. They run cooler now. It started in 2008 with the Jasper board inside the 360. Many of us were on Jasper scavenger hunts in 2008...lol. It wasnt too many ways to tell if it had a Jasper mobo without opening the box in the store. You had to know what to look for on the box. With the Slim 360, no more guess work. All Slim 360's use that 45nm chip. (When the nm number gets smaller, its put out less heat. Check out the watts on the power supply's, the watts get smaller too.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_hardware#Motherboards

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since we all have $500+ to put toward gaming...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Not all of us, but I do and I'm only a college student lol. No, my parents don't pay for anything and I also have a 2 year old.

tigerdango

Reaction score
Choosing a system depends, more than anything, what you need overall as well as your personal opinion on them and their companies. No one system is truly better in every aspect.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I went with the ps3 because most of my buddies have it. The blu-ray player, zero cost to play online, and netflix were the big selling points for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ps3, I have both and i love my ps3 better... i also have a wii, Yuck...to much effort to bowl lol.
Ps3 in my opinion is better because the online is free. I am not dishing out even more money than a $60 game. if i buy the software i should enjoy it without paying bill gates his yearly cut from me.

etx_droid

Reaction score
I've had a 360, but playing some of the exclusive PS3 games (Killzone 2, GOW 3, Uncharted 2, Medal Gear, etc.) they blow the 360 games out of the water IMO. I haven't had any issues with my 360 but if somebody wanted to swap me I probably would. Built in Blu-Ray, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth...things Microsoft should have started with!