Xbox 360 or PS3?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
PS3 is the winner here, free online is key... the experience of Red Dead Redemption on this system is epic as well. I CAN'T WAIT for Gran Turismo 5 to drop on the 24th. :icon_ banana:

Canadroid

Reaction score
By Global Party Chat, I mean that the 360 has the ability to let you join up with friends, regardless of whether or not you're playing the same game. Yeah, it's basically a VOIP chat system, but it doesn't care where you or your friends are. You can be playing CoD:BO while your friend is playing Halo: Reach while your other friend is still in the dashboard. If you're all in the same global party chat, you'll be able to talk.

Ahhh, OK. That sounds a little similar to the Steam setup on PC that's become so popular.

I can also live without this feature. Thanks guys. :rockon:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
kparks,

My friend has experience with both, and he's not the only person I know choosing Xbox over PS3.

maddog0331

Reaction score
Xbox 360 all the way. Its better supported in all aspects plus it has more games out in my opinion. I own both systems and I cant even remember when was the last time I turned my PS3 on.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
PS3 is not just for games, it's an all out media center. I vote PS3.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, I've noticed the online voice quality is much better on the Xbox.

maddog0331

Reaction score
You can use your xbox360 as an extended media as well, I have both of them (ps3) set up like that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"You pay-to-play online, but I don't have a problem with it considering it does weed out many "trolls." Anyone can join the PS Network, including the annoying 12 year old getting online just to annoy the hell out of everybody. Not to mention, Xbox Live is setup so much better than the PS Network, but that's only my personal opinion."

When ever I encounter unwanted chatter and I am sure most of you know what I am talking about, I usually mute the player. The main thing is I am able to play on-line! That is all I want, what I don't want is to pay a fee to play on-line. Save yourself some money and just mute unwanted player chatter!!!

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I've noticed a difference in voice chat between them. It's not a deal breaker or as bad as some will make it out to be, though. I think it's because microsoft strictly controls the voip while sony is less strict about it.

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Oh, and the fee for xbl doesn't really do much, if anything, to prevent trolls or kids. They're not always the same thing, anyway. There's more than one adult I've played that's acted like a 2 year old if things don't go exactly their way.

oc noob

Reaction score
The CNET recommendation is a good one. I have both and the 360 got almost the use while the PS3 sat and collected dust. That was mostly because the PS3 had a horrible line up of games, but that's not the case anymore.

If I had to make the decision again today I'd go PS3 if you don’t play online much and 360 if you do play a lot of online games. The fanboys will say there is no difference, but the servers are better and the online features are better in many cases because they are standardized by MS vs controlled by the game maker. The interface is also much better, but I can get over that if the quality of online play was the same, but its not. You get what you pay for in this case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROMBOMTHEMAGIC

Reaction score
i went PS3 first and was considering the Xbox but i realized most of the exclusives to the Xbox come out on the PC like mass effect. i miss out on Gears of war and the halos but im not much into shooters anyway =P