Xbox 360 or PS3?

rod

Reaction score
i gave my xbox360 to my sons and kept my ps3. they also have ps3s of their own, and the xbox sits hardly ever played, collecting dust. so this house counts for three votes towards a ps3.

kparks

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting one soon. I'm just not sure which one to get. which one is better? I've always been a PlayStation gamer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
well im goin to try to be as fair as i can be i owned both at one time and sold the 360 the ps3 has alot more features and in my mind is way way more reliable. cnet does a good prize fight comparison with the slims. i have more frinds that play ps3 i like the ps3 controller better i like having bluray and i like the free online.. but 360 online is better but ps3 is not bad i still enjoy playing halo but i also like resistence fom... so i would go with what is more comfortable. if all your frinds have 360 then u can just play there 360 and u will make new great frinds on both systems anyway. but every one is bias when it comes to this anyway so it really up to u when u spend money on sumn u always want it to be the best so ps3 owners will say there system is better and 360 will say the same. but check cnet out! sorry for my sloppy writing my phone sucks!

Fenway72

Reaction score
Three words: Little Big Planet. Oh, and the MLB.com widget rocks too. All games- all the time!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

kparks

Reaction score
Ps3. Only because since I got it, it's worked like a charm day in and day out. Had to replace the xbox 4 times for the dreaded red ring of death. Got tired of it and swore no more money goes to xbox. Been happy since!

Xbox has been doing a pretty good job at repairing the RRoD at no charge. Of course, there are going to be the few that are considering out of warranty, but it's like any other electronic and their warranty.

I've had a RRoD once, and Microsoft replaced it at no cost to me at all. I have a friend of mine that has been through four Xbox's, and currently has a PS3, and still recommends that Xbox over the PS.

Looks like you're getting the xbox, but my vote is for ps3. Blu ray, don't have to pay $50 a year to play online, does xbox have hdmi? Cant remember. Also I know on xbox you used to have to buy an extra piece just to pick up wifi. I'm guessing those new xbox's have that built in, like its been built into ps3 from the get go

You pay-to-play online, but I don't have a problem with it considering it does weed out many "trolls." Anyone can join the PS Network, including the annoying 12 year old getting online just to annoy the hell out of everybody. Not to mention, Xbox Live is setup so much better than the PS Network, but that's only my personal opinion.

The Xbox does have HDMI, and yes, the older Xbox's required you purchase an adapter for WiFi. However, the Xbox's were always at least $100 cheaper than any PS3.

Either way, the new slim Xbox's have HDMI, WiFi, and a 250 GB HD for only $300.

@fenway - see that's what I've been hearing from other people too. go with ps3 because of the red ring you get from xbox. but it seems like its a toss up for me because I've always loved playstation. I think what I'm going to do is buy this xbox for cheap from a guy at work and then get a ps3 in a few months.

I loved PS2 myself, until I played the Xbox 360. When the PS3 came out at it's ridiculous $600 price point, I couldn't stop laughing. I can buy a decent PC for that price. They've come down in price, but I've already really taken a liking to my Xbox.
your friend sounds like a idiot then i also noticed alot more kids or ppl uder the age of 16 play xbox of course they play ps3 but there are tons more on 360 and i does get quite annoying in my opinion

kparks

Reaction score
Ps3. Only because since I got it, it's worked like a charm day in and day out. Had to replace the xbox 4 times for the dreaded red ring of death. Got tired of it and swore no more money goes to xbox. Been happy since!

Xbox has been doing a pretty good job at repairing the RRoD at no charge. Of course, there are going to be the few that are considering out of warranty, but it's like any other electronic and their warranty.

I've had a RRoD once, and Microsoft replaced it at no cost to me at all. I have a friend of mine that has been through four Xbox's, and currently has a PS3, and still recommends that Xbox over the PS.

Looks like you're getting the xbox, but my vote is for ps3. Blu ray, don't have to pay $50 a year to play online, does xbox have hdmi? Cant remember. Also I know on xbox you used to have to buy an extra piece just to pick up wifi. I'm guessing those new xbox's have that built in, like its been built into ps3 from the get go

You pay-to-play online, but I don't have a problem with it considering it does weed out many "trolls." Anyone can join the PS Network, including the annoying 12 year old getting online just to annoy the hell out of everybody. Not to mention, Xbox Live is setup so much better than the PS Network, but that's only my personal opinion.

The Xbox does have HDMI, and yes, the older Xbox's required you purchase an adapter for WiFi. However, the Xbox's were always at least $100 cheaper than any PS3.

Either way, the new slim Xbox's have HDMI, WiFi, and a 250 GB HD for only $300.

@fenway - see that's what I've been hearing from other people too. go with ps3 because of the red ring you get from xbox. but it seems like its a toss up for me because I've always loved playstation. I think what I'm going to do is buy this xbox for cheap from a guy at work and then get a ps3 in a few months.

I loved PS2 myself, until I played the Xbox 360. When the PS3 came out at it's ridiculous $600 price point, I couldn't stop laughing. I can buy a decent PC for that price. They've come down in price, but I've already really taken a liking to my Xbox.
your friend sounds like a idiot then i also noticed alot more kids or ppl uder the age of 16 play xbox of course they play ps3 but there are tons more on 360 and i does get quite annoying in my opinion

Canadroid

Reaction score
I've heard online gaming with the PS3 is a lot better than it used to be--any opinions?

I'm also weighing both consoles right now--always been a big PS2 fan, prefer the controller, want the Blue Ray...but I do game online so it's a tough call. Especially as it seems half of my friends have Xbox, the other half PS3...

riko540

Reaction score
I never had a problem while playing online with my ps3. I don't run into the annoying 12 year olds much either.

sent from my pocket

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
PS3 All the way here!! Plays Blu-ray discs and DVDs, surf the internet, Netflix available for it, set it up to be a media server to play your music, movies and pictures, play on line...Just did not like the idea to pay monthly dues to play on line gaming regardless if "Live" is somewhat better. You are already paying to have internet, why pay to play?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
My vote would be for the PS3...I don't game on mine as much as I used but when I did, it was nice!

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
PS3 online is far better than what it was when it launched. It's still missing the global party chat that XBL has, but that's just about it. Outside of that, the biggest differences are interface and cost.

Neither interface is exactly difficult to use. You log in / select your profile, you play the game. Which you find easier will depend solely on which console family you're more familiar with. The cost difference is 60USD per year, which isn't really all that much. I will say that I've had far more issues with my 360 hardware than my PS3 hardware, but those issues appear to have been resolved with the current redesign.

I have all of the current-gen systems, and I say you can't really go wrong with either the PS3 or the 360. What ever you're most familiar with, what ever system most of your friends play, those are the majour deciding factors any more.

Canadroid

Reaction score
PS3 online is far better than what it was when it launched. It's still missing the global party chat that XBL has, but that's just about it. Outside of that, the biggest differences are interface and cost.

I think my mind has been made up the whole time, and I'm going with PS3. As long as the population of folks online playing is decent, I'm not too concerned about the interface differences.

By global party chat, you mean VOIP communication during games or in matchmaking areas? One thing I meant to ask was--does PS3 have support for VOIP chat on any and all of their online games or just specific titles?

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
By Global Party Chat, I mean that the 360 has the ability to let you join up with friends, regardless of whether or not you're playing the same game. Yeah, it's basically a VOIP chat system, but it doesn't care where you or your friends are. You can be playing CoD:BO while your friend is playing Halo: Reach while your other friend is still in the dashboard. If you're all in the same global party chat, you'll be able to talk.

To be honest, I don't find it to be a huge loss, but it's the only thing on the XBL that I find the PSN still to be missing.