Xbox 360 or PS3?

dgkjonmo

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting one soon. I'm just not sure which one to get. which one is better? I've always been a PlayStation gamer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I have both and personally I like the xbox more. I just think live is better than the playstation network. You really can't tell a difference between the graphics on the two imo. I do like the fact that the ps3 can play blurays though. If you're gonna play online get the 360, if not go with the ps3. I also like move but I haven't tried kinect yet.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ret

Reaction score
PC? A lot more variables to quality (graphics card being the biggest thing, but of course Ram, HD space/speed, CPU and so on come into play), but a lot more potential, always will be supported, and the best part is there's a lot of third party support for a lot of games. Not just official plug ins, but mods (not necessarily cheating mind you, but expansions, additional weapons/perks/development) created by third party and all open source.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My vote goes for 360, big surprise as I am a 360 owner. Couldn't really say why though...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How about not? I quit playing on the PC because I realized how expensive PC gaming was, compared to consoles. I can purchase the exact same games for my Xbox, and don't have to worry about upgrading my PC before doing so.

Back on topic, I love my Xbox.

OP
D

dgkjonmo

Reaction score
a lot of people are telling me 360. I found a guy at work who is going to sell me his 360 for cheap, so looks like that's what I'm getting haha. thanks for your guys' opinion.

Fenway72

Reaction score
Ps3. Only because since I got it, it's worked like a charm day in and day out. Had to replace the xbox 4 times for the dreaded red ring of death. Got tired of it and swore no more money goes to xbox. Been happy since!

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
you can buy the new slim black xbox from walmart or bestbuy websites for only 300$

ClickClack911

Reaction score
Looks like you're getting the xbox, but my vote is for ps3. Blu ray, don't have to pay $50 a year to play online, does xbox have hdmi? Cant remember. Also I know on xbox you used to have to buy an extra piece just to pick up wifi. I'm guessing those new xbox's have that built in, like its been built into ps3 from the get go

ClickClack911

Reaction score
Yeah, what Fenway said also. Less issues w ps3 in my case too, which is why I got tired of xbox n sold it a while back.

OP
D

dgkjonmo

Reaction score
@fenway - see that's what I've been hearing from other people too. go with ps3 because of the red ring you get from xbox. but it seems like its a toss up for me because I've always loved playstation. I think what I'm going to do is buy this xbox for cheap from a guy at work and then get a ps3 in a few months.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@fenway - see that's what I've been hearing from other people too. go with ps3 because of the red ring you get from xbox. but it seems like its a toss up for me because I've always loved playstation. I think what I'm going to do is buy this xbox for cheap from a guy at work and then get a ps3 in a few months.

The red ring was really only a huge issue with the first gen 360s. I haven't heard of any issues with the slim. Oh and my 360 is 2 years old and I have participated in my fair share of long term gaming sessions, some lasting up to 12 hours+ , and i've never had the dreaded ring.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ps3. Only because since I got it, it's worked like a charm day in and day out. Had to replace the xbox 4 times for the dreaded red ring of death. Got tired of it and swore no more money goes to xbox. Been happy since!

Xbox has been doing a pretty good job at repairing the RRoD at no charge. Of course, there are going to be the few that are considering out of warranty, but it's like any other electronic and their warranty.

I've had a RRoD once, and Microsoft replaced it at no cost to me at all. I have a friend of mine that has been through four Xbox's, and currently has a PS3, and still recommends that Xbox over the PS.

Looks like you're getting the xbox, but my vote is for ps3. Blu ray, don't have to pay $50 a year to play online, does xbox have hdmi? Cant remember. Also I know on xbox you used to have to buy an extra piece just to pick up wifi. I'm guessing those new xbox's have that built in, like its been built into ps3 from the get go

You pay-to-play online, but I don't have a problem with it considering it does weed out many "trolls." Anyone can join the PS Network, including the annoying 12 year old getting online just to annoy the hell out of everybody. Not to mention, Xbox Live is setup so much better than the PS Network, but that's only my personal opinion.

The Xbox does have HDMI, and yes, the older Xbox's required you purchase an adapter for WiFi. However, the Xbox's were always at least $100 cheaper than any PS3.

Either way, the new slim Xbox's have HDMI, WiFi, and a 250 GB HD for only $300.

I loved PS2 myself, until I played the Xbox 360. When the PS3 came out at it's ridiculous $600 price point, I couldn't stop laughing. I can buy a decent PC for that price. They've come down in price, but I've already really taken a liking to my Xbox.