X2 w/ Gingerbread 2.3.4 seems unrootable.. what next?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rcellis, Feb 17, 2012.

1. rcellis

rcellis New Member

I spent most of last evening (16 February 2012) trying to root my Droid X2 and failed. At least I didn't brick the thing. As far as I could tell the latest methods use Gingerbreak and upd_1.zip - when Gingerbreak didn't work I dug around until I found that it got blocked in an update from Motorola. Then I tried upd_1 method and got an invalid signature warning. Before I waste any more time I thought I'd ask around here: what is the latest *working* root method on this OS release/device?

UPDATE: I should have mentioned that some of my frustration was from the fact that I normally don't run Windows and had spent much time installing Windows on a machine and learning how to do stuff "on the dark side"... refreshed from posting this original message I started looking again and found droid_easy_root.. and even better, found that it works UNDER LINUX! Anyway, I *might* have succeeded. I ran droid_easy_root (from Linux Mint 11, by the way) and it did it's thing and reported: * ALL DONE! YOUR PHONE SHOULD BE ROOTED!

I now have a superuser icon; running it tells me about empty logs and no apps in some list and options to set notifications if/when an app asks for SU rights. I mainly wanted to be able to delete the bloatware software, but attempting to delete one of them didn't work. (Apparently Titanium Pro, a backup app also allows "freezing" apps but haven't yet figured that out.) I've spent so much time on getting the phone rooted, I never did much research on how to take advantage of root.

Oh well. First I wanted to post something that a frustrated X2 rooter would find and which might save them some time.. secondly - I'm looking for any additional pointers on where to go from here. I've already run Rootcheck (from market), bought Titanium Pro and Root Explorer.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. emarioc

emarioc New Member

I have also tried with great effort to root GB 2.3.4 on my Droid X also with no success. I had to SBF my Droid X because Font Installer (stay away from this one!) caused my phone to hang at the Moto Logo. Previously I had 2.3.3 and I was able to root. I would love to be able to root again. If anyone does find a solutions that works I would very much appreciate an update on how you were able to do so.
Search tags for this page
2.3.4 gingerbreak
droid x2 gingerbread 2.3.4

gingerbreak 2.3.4

gingerbreak droid x 2.3.4
gingerbreak fails to root 2.3.4
gingerbreak for 2.3.4
gingerbreak latest
gingerbreak latest version
gingerbreak x2 2.3.4
how to root unrootable phones gingerbread
how to use gingerbreak on gingerbread 2.3.4