1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

X2 update-recovery.zip file

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by johnaferraro, Nov 8, 2011.

1. johnaferraro

johnaferraro New Member

Ive searched the forums as best I could....My apologies if this topic is already covered somewhere and I missed it....I recently installed the system recovery and created a nandroid backup for my x2. Which the backup is stored on my sdcard-ext. Now before then, I had been messing around with TB and deleted some apps or what-not, and when the 2.3.4 OTA update came, it downloaded the file, but couldnt do the update, but thats not a problem. Did my research on that already. My question is that Ive been going through my file manager, and I came across a file and wasnt sure what it was, and I wanted to ask and make sure before I did anything with it. Its an Update-recovery.zip file, and I found it in /preinstall....Is that the OTA update that my phone downloaded, but couldnt complete the update because of my tinkering with apps, etc? Or is that something else? I know its not my nandroid backup (for obvious reasons), so thats the only other thing I think it could be. If it is that, can I move it to the root of my sdcard-ext, boot into recovery and install the update from there? And if I dont like the update, can I just restore my nandroid backup file that I already have? Any help/info would be great...Please and thank you.
Search tags for this page
droid x recovery (and droid 2 too!)zip download
droid x recovery zip
droid x2 official update.zip

droid x2 recovery zip

droid x2 update zip
how to get the update.zip to flash in stock droid x2 recover
motorola droid x2 repair recovery zip
recovery.zip droid x 2.3.4
system recovery zip droid x2 download
update recovery.zip

update-recovery.zip