X2 Taking Choppy video.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I was having a real problem with taking video on my X2. It would freeze up for a couple seconds at a time. I tried various settings of resolution with no change. I then switched to phone storage instead of SD card storage. It has all but cleared up the issue. Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, the ones I took after the change, when I play them back, the first couple seconds are at hyper-speed.

vvildcard

Reaction score
This is pretty common. Here's some things that can help... try different combinations of them and see what works best for your situation:

1. Switch to Internal storage (fine for small videos, but limited to about 45 min @ 720p)
2. Upgrade your SD card (Users who tried Class 6 noted a difference)
3. Downgrade the video resolution (Unless you're playing back on an HDTV/computer monitor, you probably won't notice a difference)

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I switched to internal storage and down graded one level of resolution. That seemed to work 95% of it. But the super speedy playback still happens.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing....one of the many reasons I returned it...The only way i was able to get it to work right was to format the included 8gb SD card,and not have more than 10% of its capacity used,my droid xs 16gb card,and my gtabs 32GB card both skipped badly....What I dont understand is why the DX doesnt do this as well,what is it in the DX that allows it to write to the SD card at a higher rate than the DX2,since motorola didnt upgrade the resolution of the camera or video recorder,there shouldnt be a difference tha amount of data being recorded.
I also noticed my DX took higher quality pictures and video,but the DX2 has a much faster operating camera....
BTW,you shouldnt have to lower the resolution a notch,that is a band aid...IMO the DX and DX2 both take noticably better videos in HD,than on lower settings,why should we have to do that? Its like having 400hp car,but a 2x4 under the gas pedal....

Last edited: