X2 crashes at least once a day

lkreykes

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new X2 owner here and LOVING the dual core. I had gone through 2 unreliable Samsung Fascinates before Verizon sent me this one (so it's refurbished). So the title basically says it all. It will just randomly say "DROOOID" and the screen will be black for a while, show the Droid eye, then turn back on. Now, the bad thing is that it sometimes does this while I'm in class and MOTO isn't too smart when it comes to simple things like silencing the "DROOOID" when it turns on EVEN when its on silent, so I get yelled at by the teacher a lot. I don't have many apps besides twitter and facebook and instagram. I have just a generic silicone case that keeps the speaker/ventilation hole clear. Also a generic matte screen protector. I have never dropped the phone. It restarts mainly when I'm texting fairly heavily. I am running 2.3.5 with the newest software available. Any ideas on what it could be?

P.s. Im still under a year on my contract, and in a 90 day MOTO warranty.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The way I see it, you have two things to do here. You need to try a factory data reset... it sounds terrible I know, but you need to try this, and then if this doesn't change anything, you need a new phone.
To do a factory data reset, first make sure your data is backed up, then go into settings, privacy, tap factory data reset.

For the best results you should un select the restore option.

This is a known issue on this device. There are many people that have this issue. I'm fortunate in the fact that mine doesn't do this.

Hope this helps??

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Last edited:
OP
lkreykes

lkreykes

Reaction score
Ok I will try a reset later. And if this is a known problem, why wouldn't they have resolved this yet?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ok I will try a reset later. And if this is a known problem, why wouldn't they have resolved this yet?

I honestly don't know that answer. I know that the x2 my son used to have did this too. I still use my x2, and my x, and a bionic, and two maxx's...I'm hurting for devices :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
lkreykes

lkreykes

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
...I still use my x2, and my x, and a bionic, and two maxx's...

That's a lot of phones!

Reaction score
Best solution is to put Cyanogenmod on the phone. The stock ROM is simply very buggy and is the hardware but CM7 makes the phone much more stable.

OP
lkreykes

lkreykes

Reaction score
nlinecomputers said:
Best solution is to put Cyanogenmod on the phone. The stock ROM is simply very buggy and is the hardware but CM7 makes the phone much more stable.

I don't really want to root the phone... because I don't have any experience with that and I'm afraid I'd brick it or something.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you could try a non stock texting app, there are lots of them

with the locked bootloader, bricking the X2, is very difficult

OP
lkreykes

lkreykes

Reaction score
themib said:
you could try a non stock texting app, there are lots of them

with the locked bootloader, bricking the X2, is very difficult

Well I have also noticed that sometimes it does it at random, like in the middle of class. My friend has a Droid RAZR and put an Eclipse ROM on it (I don't know anything about eclipse) and it looks pretty cool.

OP
lkreykes

lkreykes

Reaction score
I called Verizon customer service and they also told me to reset the phone. I did. Hasn't don't anything odd lately

OP
lkreykes

lkreykes

Reaction score
I got another X2 replacement. This one crashes too. Never ever getting another Motorola piece of junk.

leonard

Reaction score
My X2 rebooted several times a day too. Verizon replaced it, the new one reboots less often, but still at least once a day. Bought a new in the box Bionic from Craigslist. No more reboots.

Caesars

Reaction score
I got another X2 replacement. This one crashes too. Never ever getting another Motorola piece of junk.

I honestly said the SAME thing, however.......I was attracted to the maxx because of the ability to have an extended battery and the ability to have an otterbox on (I know I know, weirdo hehe). I was extremely happy when the maxx turned out to be a super smooth phone (on GB, on ics I get some major lag off and on), moderate to good battery life, and a screen that blew my x2s clarity out of the water.

Moral of the story, don't let one garbage phone like the x2 ruin your view of Motorola :).