X2 Bootstrap Recovery APK

johnaferraro

Reaction score
Awesome news!!!

Which mirror download do i need to download that has the actual app? I dont want the rom, just the bootstrap?

chrisanderin

Reaction score
I can download the bootstrap, install recovery but when i click on recovery mode it wont boot into recovery...HELP pls

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can download the bootstrap, install recovery but when i click on recovery mode it wont boot into recovery...HELP pls

Are you plugging in the phone to the wall charger as per the bootstrap on screen instructions?

Sent from my Android device.

wats6831

Reaction score
Are you plugging in the phone to the wall charger as per the bootstrap on screen instructions?

Sent from my Android device.

Is it absolutely necessary to have it plugged into a wall charger? that's seems retarded. I've rooted a number of DROIDs and NONE of them required anything of the sort unless you suspect they may run out of battery power while flashing a new ROM. Seem rediculous, now I have to run home to get mine so I can flash my coworkers X2. Why isn't there a X2 Bootstrap Recovery app like there is for every other DROID?

Yeah I can confirm this bootstrap isn't working at all, on or off the wall charger.

Last edited:

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it absolutely necessary to have it plugged into a wall charger? that's seems retarded. I've rooted a number of DROIDs and NONE of them required anything of the sort unless you suspect they may run out of battery power while flashing a new ROM. Seem rediculous, now I have to run home to get mine so I can flash my coworkers X2. Why isn't there a X2 Bootstrap Recovery app like there is for every other DROID?

Because for the screen to turn on in recovery... It requires it to be plugged in ac.. which is one of the reasons why koush didn't support it.. Because if this "dirty hack"... And because the files that run... It cannot unmount /system... Which had hindered dev support for the device

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

wats6831

Reaction score
Well right now it's not working at all with the AC charger. Any ideas? I hit the recovery button and it does nothing.

wats6831

Reaction score
I found the problem. Pete's one click root does NOT work on DROID X2 on 2.3.5 even though it's supposed to. You have to use Zerg Rush root method to get this bootstrap recovery to work correctly.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
to get rid of moto blur and bloatware, yes

Droid 51

Reaction score
For some reason the link above will not download or any other download I find is there a reason for this

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
worked for me

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Droid 51

Reaction score
I'm a moron I had a app running in the back ground and it wouldn't let me till it was done sorry

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums