X Took a dump today....

stephen.g.fiddes

Reaction score
My Droid X took a dump today. First the bottom row of buttons stopped working, so I did a proper power off/on, and it had the black bootloader screen that said something to the effect of:

"Battery status: OK
Connect to USB, Ready for programming."

Is there any way to fix this, or should I just get it warrentied (This is my second X, and i'm kindof getting annoyed at having to get a new phone every other month... Half tempted to go back to the iPhone when VZW finally gets it. That was at least stable...)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So if you pull the battery and restart, you get to this screen (called the bootloader)?

You could attempt an SBF flash back to stock, but it's a bit odd that the phone offed itself and ended up in this state.

OP
S

stephen.g.fiddes

Reaction score
This is the screen that comes up

_DSC7692.jpg

EDIT: It will not go any farther than this.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, so you can try an SBF restore since you're at the bootloader.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
At least it's asking for the USB to be plugged up, which means RSDLite will probably be able to read your phone. I have never had to SBF (knock on wood).

We are not allowed to provide you with the files/links to SBF. So Google and you shall find.

OP
S

stephen.g.fiddes

Reaction score
At least it's asking for the USB to be plugged up, which means RSDLite will probably be able to read your phone. I have never had to SBF (knock on wood).

We are not allowed to provide you with the files/links to SBF. So Google and you shall find.

I downloaded the RSDLite and SBF Files, and tried to flash the phone. It said "Chipset 43 not recognised" Then when I hit start, this is what it looked like

PhoneFlashFail.jpg

OP
S

stephen.g.fiddes

Reaction score
How convenient... As soon as I get the right software, it says

"Battery low, cannot program."

FMMFL!!!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So plant it on a charger for a couple hours and repeat.

OP
S

stephen.g.fiddes

Reaction score
it's been plugged into my computer this whole time... the charger i dont think was doing anything either.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Typically the USB port on your computer won't provide enough juice to charge well. Plant it on the AC for awhile.

OP
S

stephen.g.fiddes

Reaction score
It's been on the charger for a while now, and nothing... I know the wall plug is good too. I'm gunna see if I can find someones battery to borrow.