X recepetion

thmax

Reaction score
I just ordered a Droid X and I'm wondering how it is with in terms of reception in Austin, TX, hows Verizon in that area? I'm really curious because the Droid Eris they gave me in the meantime sucks.

1694kyle

Reaction score
If reception is horrible, I'm not sure how much a new phone will help. The has a better ant, but if the coverage is spotty, you might be stuck with it.

OP
thmax

thmax

Reaction score
I really hope not I just spent 400 just to start an account with them.

Technoman

Reaction score
Check the site below out.. there are some dead spots as there will always be with cellular coverage.... however, nothing in comparison to ATT, Sprint, or TMobile.

This site compiles information from actual customers... not the company.

Verizon Wireless Coverage Map

Reaction score
Check the site below out.. there are some dead spots as there will always be with cellular coverage.... however, nothing in comparison to ATT, Sprint, or TMobile.

That site is showing no coverage in places where I KNOW I have coverage (in Massachusetts)... so someone is doing something wrong if they aren't receiving in some of those areas.

Technoman

Reaction score

That site is showing no coverage in places where I KNOW I have coverage (in Massachusetts)... so someone is doing something wrong if they aren't receiving in some of those areas.

It could have been a single spot in the mark, or somewhere close to it. I think the better usage of the maps would be as a comparison between carriers. I would not use it as a pin point locater for bad service.

Reaction score
It could have been a single spot in the mark, or somewhere close to it. I think the better usage of the maps would be as a comparison between carriers. I would not use it as a pin point locater for bad service.

Possibly... but it's showing no reception right in Boston proper.

One example is Tobin Bridge North... really? Heh, I have some of my best reception up there.

Just saying that the map is suspect much like wikipedia where anyone can edit an article without any real sort of verification. For me, I would take the coverage reports on that site with a grain of salt. But that's just me. Your mileage will vary. :)

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
My 3g has been acting up where it will lose signal and I'll have to turn off/back on to get it up and running again, I also noticed that I might not have 3g yet my g/f who has Droid1 has 3g up and running.

Its getting me a bit annoyed to say the least.