1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

X-rayed my droid today

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by mouthfull, Nov 9, 2009.

1. mouthfull

mouthfull New Member

I'm using it as wallpaper. I had to crop it down and make a lot of adjustments on the droid to make it look right, but it still looks kinda crappy.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. George

George New Member

can i ask why you would do such a thing?
  3. mouthfull

mouthfull New Member

Because its fun, produces a cool image, I had the means to do so, and its safe. Think going to the airport.
  4. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

Haha, thats interesting :)
  5. cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll New Member

thats nice lol
  6. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

hehehe...that's awesome. You might try it again with a little less mAs and a little less kVp to increase the contrast.

It looks like you're using film. Do you have access to CR or DR? You could adjust the window/level and make it look better. :)

Or, better yet, fluoro it and print out a digital capture.

I may have to try this tomorrow.
  7. mouthfull

mouthfull New Member

Thanks for your reply I used CR, I actually did this at school (first year student). I can take diagnostic quality images of people all day, but seem to struggle when it comes to x-raying everyday objects and electronics. What technique would you have started with?

While you're at it tomorrow, see if you can get some axial views with CT.
  8. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

I don't have access to the CT scanners. I test 2D radiography and fluoroscopy machines.

I'll give radiographing it a shot tomorrow if I have time. I spent all day today in a cath lab. :sad: I don't have any clinical experience, just the physics. My partner is a registered tech (RTR and QA) as well as a licensed Radiologic Physicist; I'll ask him.

My recommendation would be to place it directly over the center chamber of the table AEC and select that chamber only for an AEC exposure. Subtract 10kVp from whatever you shot today that worked and see what that gets you. Note the post-exposure mAs. If you have anything even close to a working image, I would then move to manual mode. You'll have to play with the kVp and mAs (not so much with the mAs, you've got a ton of latitude with CR) to fine tune it for the contrast. Once you've got a manual technique that works, I'd place the CR plate on the tabletop with the Droid right on top of it (like you were doing fingers) and shoot it again to minimize scatter artifacts.

I don't want this to sound insulting but have you gotten far enough along in your courses to know how changing the kVp and mAs change your images for QC purposes?

Lastly, don't get discouraged by your difficulty with inanimate objects. They are actually much more difficult to radiograph than tissue/bone. They are very high-contrast objects normally (or very low contrast like stuffed animals, flowers, shells, etc) which makes them difficult to find the right penetrability for a good image.

Keep up the good work and kudos on having the curiosity to radiograph your droid!
  9. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Narsil...here's an idea. When you X-ray it crop out the photo and upload it as wallpaper for everyone.

Here's the thing though. When you crop it, crop it in such a way that the viewable area is actually the inards of the phone. Crop out the edges so it looks like you are peering into and past the screen. Make sense?
  10. vertical

vertical New Member

11. sparticus

sparticus New Member

Maybe try it with the multimedia dock and the car dock. so we can get an exact placement of the magnets. so one of the dock and one with the phone in the dock.
  12. DougDroid

DougDroid Member

Cool pic man...thanks for sharing!
  13. mouthfull

mouthfull New Member

Thats the whole reason why I x-rayed it today. Its what i'm using for wallpaper now.

I had to crop it to the wierd 960X854 and adjust it again with the droid wallpaper crop square selection thingy to get it to look half decent.
  14. Getaphixx

Getaphixx New Member

Ohhhhhhh I'm sooooo subscribing to this thread...!!!
  15. mouthfull

mouthfull New Member

I have access to the PACS from home so I fooled around with the window/level and did an invert in hopes to get a better image.
  16. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

Invert does look a lot better! If I can fluoro it today, that's what the fluoro image will look like.
  17. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

Droid Fluoro -- Take 1

There is some visual distortion on this image which is rather disappointing considering this came from a brand new, top-of-the-line OEC 9900 Elite fluoroscopic c-arm.

I'll try again later this afternoon on a different piece of equipment. I wasn't sure how to resize it properly and keep the proper image ratio so here it is unresized.

Hmmm...it's not wanting to post. Here's a link.

I should be able to get a better image this afternoon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. JoeFresco

JoeFresco New Member

Could you try some pics with the keyboard out?
    Also, I'm not sure if you want to subject the microSD card to that much xray activity. I can't tell if it's still in the phone, but if it were my phone, I'd remove it first.
  19. mouthfull

mouthfull New Member

There's a weird distrotion in there, I think your patient moved:)
    at least you didn't get those blobs of blurriness in the middle like I did.
  20. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

I should have some more images in a few hours. I'll definitely get some with the 'board out. My GPS is non-functional and I'll be swapping it out as soon as I can get to the store with my work schedule so I'm not too concerned about the card. I would think the card would be pretty impervious to diagnostic imaging level photons. At least the amount I'm using.
Search tags for this page

applications for motorola droid xray imaging