Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think these need to end. Rehashing movies.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have to disagree. I like these. They're more like origin stories. I don't see it as rehashing. They're telling stories of how things were prior to the "original" movies. Will I buy them or see them in theaters? No, but I'll watch them at least once.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Take Logan for instance. They've gone back and forward a lot.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie to y'all, 2016 is the year for me. I'll be watching it all; BvS, Civil War, X-Men, all on the big screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Take Logan for instance. They've gone back and forward a lot.
I totally get that complaint, though I like Wolverine and enjoy those movies. That's gotta be a tough one to do origin and back stories on to begin with since he's been alive for so dang long.

He was around well before this "First Class" crew that they're making movies around now. Almost like a time traveler, he's been there and done that for a long time.

I still enjoy the movies, but I'll admit that I'm not 100% certain of his particular timeline other than WAY back in the war and where we met him in the first X-Men movies. Although, I'm trying to remember if Professor X recognized him in that first movie, since he obviously had known him when he was a young man now that we're getting the First Class storyline.

In any case, since I never read the comics, but was a fan of the cartoon (funny-Beast was my favorite in the cartoon, but I like Wolverine from the movies), I like getting the back story of this stuff that I never really knew before.

Also, where the hell is Gambit and why did he only ever get a tiny cameo!?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gambit is getting his own movie. They probably going to cameo him to keep the hype for it. Would not be surprised if there are 2 stingers. One for old man Logan and the other for gambit. We also have deadpoool coming out this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
XMenApocalypsePoster.jpg

The theater poster.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm not very familiar with Deadpool, but I'm looking forward to that one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine you'll see deadpools beginning. I thought he died though. Too many twists and turns. This is my problem, can't remember the characters and their history.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's the weekend. Get caught up.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fox realized that the complaints from fans about how things did not add up. That was why the used Day of Future Past to acknowledge and correct the timeline for their future movies. So the Deadpool and Wolverines Origins happened in a previous timeline but not the current one they are in. Basically they used DOFP to sort of reboot the series. X-Men First Class, DOFP, and Apocalypse is the new trilogy.

But Deadpool, Gambit, and Colossus is suppose to fit in line with this new timeline.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's the holiday season. We're going to see a play tonight, hanging Christmas lights tomorrow during the day, going to my father-in-law's company Christmas party...

Maybe we'll find time though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P