X inventory must be good...

iHad a G1

Reaction score
Hello all -

I ordered my Droid X on 7/24. I have this information stated on verizon's site - Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email. Any idea when I might receive any sort of info? I see that they're supposedly on back order till 8/3...thanks

yeah, something tells me we're in the same boat. Many people have gotten their phones early, including my really good friend, who ordered his on the 23rd and got it today :icon_eek:

I am expecting to get mine Wednesday (I ordered on the phone and they only offer 2-day shipping, online got overnight, just like my friend.)

DNoMac

Reaction score
I ordered Friday, July 23rd at 6pm and just received email notification that it shipped today (from Memphis) and is expected by 3pm tomorrow. I'm lucky I guess.

iHad a G1

Reaction score
yeah, I'm expecting a notification sometime today or tomorrow saying it shipped. There couldn't have been enough people to zero out the stock between when you ordered and I did (8 am on the 24th).

I think the shortage is actually a "shortage" and being used to build hype. To be honest though, there is no way VZW could've known the device was going to be so wildly popular. My grandma upgraded her razr from like 5 years ago to a DX... ridiculous...

MisterMe

Reaction score
Hopefully everyone who has ordered one IS getting theirs soon. I know that I personally am going crazy and i've only been waiting since the 21st. Anyone know if the customer service line could find if my phone has been shipped yet? I ordered at one of the corporate stores, though. They never asked for my email, so I never knew it was a real option.

DNoMac

Reaction score
Hopefully everyone who has ordered one IS getting theirs soon. I know that I personally am going crazy and i've only been waiting since the 21st. Anyone know if the customer service line could find if my phone has been shipped yet? I ordered at one of the corporate stores, though. They never asked for my email, so I never knew it was a real option.

Do you have your information setup on myverizon? That should be where you will get all of your notifications.

iHad a G1

Reaction score
Call CS and ask to have your email to be put on your account. They will be able to tell you if it's shipped also.

I'm going crazy and I've only been waiting for 2 days... I should've just waited... lol

snap

Reaction score
ordered mine on 7/23 at 5pm est and still no shipping notice :(

MisterMe

Reaction score
Woohoo! Mine's on it's way. Glorious! :)...for anyone who is keeping tab on everyone else's shipments to estimate their own; I ordered mine on 7/21, shipped 7/25 and estimated delivery is 7/28 by 7pm. I also live about an hour south of Cleveland, Ohio if that helps anyone. Really seems like the 8/3 me and others got was a worst case scenario they forecasted. Wonder why a good bit of the people who ordered over a week ago are still left hanging?

msmcintosh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
On Friday, the 23rd at 11:15 ET, I returned to the Verizon Corporate store, the Motorola Droid I had gotten with my NE2. The CSR then ordered a Droid X for me and told me it would ship on 8/3.

No emails yet. I shouldn't have read this thread. I was all set to wait, but now I know they're shipping early.

I had the Droid for 3 weeks and became addicted to it. I feel like I am going through withdrawals. I'm back to using my old Dare while waiting for the X.

astronomeric210

Reaction score
Ordered mine 7/22, was told would ship by 8/3, got shipping confirmation sunday 7/25 and will be here tomorrow 7/27.

Jon Vito

Reaction score
Woohoo! Mine's on it's way. Glorious! :)...for anyone who is keeping tab on everyone else's shipments to estimate their own; I ordered mine on 7/21, shipped 7/25 and estimated delivery is 7/28 by 7pm. I also live about an hour south of Cleveland, Ohio if that helps anyone. Really seems like the 8/3 me and others got was a worst case scenario they forecasted. Wonder why a good bit of the people who ordered over a week ago are still left hanging?

thats pretty funny...

i live 2 hrs south of Cleveland, ordered on the same exact date as you, and my delivery estimate is the 28th at 7pm...sounds like our X's are currently humping each other in the same fed ex wagon:yeahbaby01:dancedroiddancedroid

DNoMac

Reaction score

thats pretty funny...

i live 2 hrs south of Cleveland, ordered on the same exact date as you, and my delivery estimate is the 28th at 7pm...sounds like our X's are currently humping each other in the same fed ex wagon:yeahbaby01:dancedroiddancedroid

I'm in Columbus, but mine is coming tomorrow. Wonder how that worked out?

Jon Vito

Reaction score
thats BS! i literally am 30 mins north of CBus!

what day did u order it?

Jon Vito

Reaction score
also when u look at the fedex tracker, whats the last status of your shipment and where did it come from

awriternot

Reaction score
Yep, same thing...got the email. Of course, this is my 2nd Droid X in a week...lets keep our fingers crossed that the static issue is GONE!