X forgets wifi is turned on?

Rocko

Reaction score
I notice sometimes after I leave wifi on, and don't use my phone for say an hour or two, when I quickly go to market or the web, it uses 3g and then wifi starts after a period of time. Has anyone noticed this?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I notice sometimes after I leave wifi on, and don't use my phone for say an hour or two, when I quickly go to market or the web, it uses 3g and then wifi starts after a period of time. Has anyone noticed this?

Settings > Wireless & Networks > WiFi Settings > Menu Key > Advanced > WiFi sleep policy

Set this to never.

That might not be the exact path, it's been a while since I was on Stock.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

Settings > Wireless & Networks > WiFi Settings > Menu Key > Advanced > WiFi sleep policy

Set this to never.

Does X even have that stock?

Snow02

Reaction score
The reason it does that op, is because 3G uses less power than wifi when idle. This is by design.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Set this to never.

Does X even have that stock?

Yes it is there. Just look.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
The reason it does that op, is because 3G uses less power than wifi when idle. This is by design.

True, but I find that the difference is negligible, and I would rather just be on WiFi all the time.

Last edited:

Snow02

Reaction score
When idle, yes.

It is better to use wifi though, the phone just automatically switches wifi off when you're not using it to save power.