X fell in toilet.. Water damage indicator is still good.

tlozano09

Reaction score
The question is.. Would verizon swap it out as a messed up phone since the water damage indicator did not get wet? i really dont want to pay the deductible with asurion.
Also, is there any way they can tell the phone is rooted? the phone turns on but the screen is black and you cant see anything? I know if its rooted it voids my warranty. What do you guys think?
please dont flame me for trying this. money is tight.

StReSsEd

Reaction score
I know rooting ur phone does void your phone. But, I did read on a thread that theres a program to un root them so VZ doesnt detect it. As far as water damage goes u can try sending it but they might charge u if they do find water evidence or make u pay the $50. This is just from my experience anyway, with Vz for six yrs.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do the right thing. Its not Verizon or Motorola's fault, don't make them pay for it. Not to mention, Verizon may not be able to tell if its rooted but, Motorola can...and they reserve the right to charge you full retail for the phone if they do. I understand money being tight but, I'd rather fork out the $89 deductible than almost $600 for being dishonest.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
Do the right thing. Its not Verizon or Motorola's fault, don't make them pay for it. Not to mention, Verizon may not be able to tell if its rooted but, Motorola can...and they reserve the right to charge you full retail for the phone if they do. I understand money being tight but, I'd rather fork out the $89 deductible than almost $600 for being dishonest.

DroidForums Junkie!!
How can motorola tell if the screen wont dislpay anything?

jpeanes

Reaction score
F that get you a free phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
im just going to pay for the claim.... its the right thing to do.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That too! There are also moisture indicators on the inside of the device as well (can't get to them without breaking the warranty sticker). I know it sucks because I've been there too...I no longer take my phone in the bathroom!
Motorola can read what programming is on their phones so, they can tell...without the screen displaying anything at all.

im just going to pay for the claim.... its the right thing to do.
i read on another forum that they have other ways of discovering water damage. im not going to try it.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You gonna pay for it if he got caught?? I'd recommend against telling other members to be dishonest.

F that get you a free phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidForums Junkie!!

titans1

Reaction score
You made the right decision. They will be able to tell. Then I will charge you. As for the phone being rooted without the screen you're screwed. Have you tried drying the thing out rice? This really does work and it might save you some money.

sent from my refrigerator I'm hungry

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
You made the right decision. They will be able to tell. Then I will charge you. As for the phone being rooted without the screen you're screwed. Have you tried drying the thing out rice? This really does work and it might save you some money.

sent from my refrigerator I'm hungry
yea its currently in rice. Ive read that the insurance companies dont care about rooting or not just the water damage. Ive also read that according to verizons water damage policy, the indicators are not a full assesment of water damage. The way they determine if the phone has water damage is if the usb/hdmi jacks show signs of corosion. Mine look good so i think im just going to verizon and being honest with them. see what happens

DroidXDawg

Reaction score
You pay the insurance every month so if you drop your phone in the toilet you only have to pay a fraction of the costs for a new phone, so...pay the $89 and don't drop the next one in the toilet!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App