WYSE pocket cloud (remote desktop)

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
is anyone using this app?? i have gotten it to connect to my pc. i can see my desktop on my droid x, but when i click the box to type in my password, it never allows me to bring up a keyboard...any ideas??

and yes, i have the companion on my computer, and the box that says "auto keyboard /whatever" enabled...

helllp. lol

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
i got it..you have to put the user name and password in the settings on the phone and it logs in automatically.

forkup

Reaction score
How does out compare to phonemypc which is an excellant app?

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
never used that one.. but this one sucks...at least, it does for me. im gonna give it up for now, and try it again when I get a tablet and wifi.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Works great for me... Once you get your port forwarding on your router set up properly and your permissions/security settings correct on your PC it's great.

I tried Ignition but it always left my screen resolution settings on my PC wrong when I went back to my desktop then I would need to go in to settings and reset everything. After a few times of this I quit using Ignition but then I found Pocket Cloud and all is good.

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
well its slow as crap over the internet..im gonna try wifi later.

Richtea

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Advance
PocketCloud is crap, it's so slow. I use NoMachine's app for Android, you just install NoMachine for whatever your OS is that you need to access - Win, Mac or Linux. Works like a charm over my home network, and from Uni to home as well.