Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Try to keep the flaming and hate to a minimum.

Of course, there's no denying that Apple has a significant market in the mobile space. I also like to keep up with all the latest tech. This is the thread to hear the thoughts of the event that is happening...right now.

Mine can be summed up in one image:

4KdXo8X.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Meh...I'll rely on posts here and skim a few articles from my favorite tech sites, but I'm not overly concerned with what they're doing.

Like you, I like to have a bit of a base of knowledge about all things tech, but everyone knows my affinity for android and my personal opinions about Apple products in general, so I'm not expected by people who actually know anything about me to know what they're up to.

OP
thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Wow. Swift as an Open Source Platform and the crowd went nuts like they've never heard of this concept before. I actually didn't see that coming.

OP
thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I read somewhere that they're trying to play catch up on user data gathering, so it kinda makes sense. You'd think they'd want to keep their walled garden locked up to force more people into buying their devices if they want to use their software, but opening up just a bit will give them more insight.

However, I never liked iTunes on the PC and I'm more than content with my current music setup, so this won't affect me one bit.

It'll be interesting to see if we notice more people migrating from iPhone to android now that they'll have one more thing that's familiar to them on our side of the fence.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll actually give Apple Music a try.

OP
thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I read somewhere that they're trying to play catch up on user data gathering, so it kinda makes sense. You'd think they'd want to keep their walled garden locked up to force more people into buying their devices if they want to use their software, but opening up just a bit will give them more insight.

However, I never liked iTunes on the PC and I'm more than content with my current music setup, so this won't affect me one bit.

It'll be interesting to see if we notice more people migrating from iPhone to android now that they'll have one more thing that's familiar to them on our side of the fence.

About that...here's what I don't understand. They showed off a feature where if the phone number was not in your contacts, the iPhone would SEARCH YOUR EMAIL to try and suggest a contact. How can you say 'we are not collecting your data' when you have iOS crawling their email for contacts suggestions? That seems hypocritical to me.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
About that...here's what I don't understand. They showed off a feature where if the phone number was not in your contacts, the iPhone would SEARCH YOUR EMAIL to try and suggest a contact. How can you say 'we are not collecting your data' when you have iOS crawling their email for contacts suggestions? That seems hypocritical to me.

Because it DOES NOT SEND THAT DATA back to Apple. That's the difference. And that's what would make me switch to Apple if I didn't hate the phones. :D

Apple at least tries (some skeptics might say "pretends") to value your privacy. Apple Pay doesn't tell Apple what you buy. I like that. Google knows enough about me... you DON'T need to know what I spent at the bar last night. ;)

OP
thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Because it DOES NOT SEND THAT DATA back to Apple. That's the difference. And that's what would make me switch to Apple if I didn't hate the phones. :D

Apple at least tries (some skeptics might say "pretends") to value your privacy. Apple Pay doesn't tell Apple what you buy. I like that. Google knows enough about me... you DON'T need to know what I spent at the bar last night. ;)

Nope, but Apple doesn't mind dragging their feet with your nudes! ;)

And breaking your Messages app to the girls you be trolling! :p:cool: