1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wug's Toolkit or the "Other" Way

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Development' started by map11586, Sep 17, 2012.

1. map11586

map11586 New Member

So I rooted my Droid 2 about a year ago or so and have had a Galaxy Nexus for about the past month. I'm considering rooting it and have been reading up on it, however I'm wondering about the different ways to root. It looks like there is "Wug's Toolkit" and the other way (which I guess is probably the normal way of rooting and the more "manual" way to perform it). Is there any downside to using the toolkit as it appears to be very easy or are the dangers to using that over doing it manually? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

There's no danger to using toolkits. The only downside to using toolkits is that you may not fully understand what is going on behind the scenes. Say for some reason, the toolkit didn't work or something. You may not know how to do the manual way in case the worst case scenario occurs. I fully endorse toolkits so long as you understand the manual process of flashing with fastboot and basic adb commands.
  3. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Do it the long way! It's good for ya! :)
Search tags for this page
bionic toolkit
what is wug's toolkit
wug's note2 tool kit

wug's toolkit

wugs root galaxt s3
wugs s4 active
wugs toolkit vs