1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WTH? Micro sd.......

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by whitneyleighmo, Oct 19, 2011.

1. whitneyleighmo

whitneyleighmo New Member

[HR][/HR]
    Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me out
    cuz I'm completely puzzled. I bought a 32gig micro sd for my thunderbolt and
    when I try to move my stuff from my old 16 gig micro, it just will not work. I
    wait almost 2 hours for everything to move over to the new card, and when I load
    it in the tbolt, the space is used but there are no files. I've tried plugging
    the phone into my laptop and putting the old card in a card adapter, I've tried
    copying it directly to the laptop and moving it to the new card in the sd card
    adapter, I've even used an external drive. It will move either part of my music
    and none of my pics or part of my pics and none of my music. The space is used
    on the card like the files are there, but when you open the folders, there are
    no files. [​IMG] I even copied each file one by one and when I got done, the files disappeared while the card was still in the laptop. Sometimes they stay on the card till I put the card in the tbolt, then poof.....gone. I've formatted
    it and tried it a million times. I'm at a loss....any ideas?
  2. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Use your PC to format it fat32 and then move the items to it.
  3. whitneyleighmo

whitneyleighmo New Member

I have tried that four or five times now. It won't let everything copy over or some reason. It's about 13 gigs worth of media. It will get part of it but the rest shows empty folders.
  4. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Hmmm I guess maybe try just moving small amounts of data at a time. That might work.
Search tags for this page

disappearing files on micro sd

files disappeared from micro sd card

micro sd card files disappear