1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wtf? tried changing roms and nothing happened?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Signum, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Signum

Signum Member

like many people, im running BB 7.4

i wnated to switch over to AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Smoked Glass v4.0 w/ White Clock *Updated 2/05*

so i downloaded it, extracted it to my nandroid folder and followed the instructions to install it

problem is, after the device rebooted, im still running BB 7.4? any ideas what went wrong?

the instructions said to format system so i did, and still on 7.4 lol
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Sure you didn't pick the BB folder in the choose backup part?? If you had more than just the Smoked Glass backup in your nandroid folde, like the BB backup in there too, you could've got them mixed up and chose the BB backup instead of the Smoked Glass backup
  3. Signum

Signum Member

yea im sure i chose the smoked one

if i want to try uploading it again do i need to format system again through ADB or just try to restore boot and system from nandroid?
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I would make a nandroid backup of what you got right now, and then still follow directions as EXACTLY the instructions say on AdamZ's thread to just avoid any complications.....

Just because the ONLY close call I have ever had to bricking my Droid, was trying to install that exact ROM, and it would've definitely been bricked had I not had SPRecovery to save my ass.......I'm sure it was just a stupid little error on my part, but, I would definitely do everything the instructions say.....just make a backup and do it ALL over again