WTF? My Yahoo no worky:(

Lars1

Reaction score
I have been using the imap workaround for Yahoo for the past 4 months and it has worked perfectly. I set up my wife's Eris the same way, no problems.

Today she tells me her email is not working, something about invalid username or password. I told her to let me fix it (figured she screwed it up). I checked, no settings changed, everything looks right. Then I tried to refresh mine and it too gives me the error message and won't refresh.

Any ideas?

(btw, I know I could push it to my Gmail but I like having seperate notifications for personal and work.)

Thanks in advance team Droid!

UPDATE-Never mind, it just started working again...wierd.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope not if you don't want to forward to Gmail. I can't tell you how many threads I've seen about problems with Yahoo.

Technoman

Reaction score
I have been using the imap workaround for Yahoo for the past 4 months and it has worked perfectly. I set up my wife's Eris the same way, no problems.

Today she tells me her email is not working, something about invalid username or password. I told her to let me fix it (figured she screwed it up). I checked, no settings changed, everything looks right. Then I tried to refresh mine and it too gives me the error message and won't refresh.

Any ideas?

(btw, I know I could push it to my Gmail but I like having seperate notifications for personal and work.)

Thanks in advance team Droid!

UPDATE-Never mind, it just started working again...wierd.

Couldn't ever get my yahoo mail working on the Droid..... really don't care, as there is mostly TRASH that goes there anyway.

I have my GMAIL, HOTMAIL, and Verizon working fine!!!

brianr0131

Reaction score
It will NOT work correctly on wifi. You were probably on wifi at the one point and then off it again when it started "working" again.

Yahoo + wifi = no yahoo

MrKleen

Reaction score
I don't know if you're willing to load a custom rom or not, but this has been fixed. I am now able to receive all my yahoo emails directly to my phone. You can configure it however you like but I have mine checking my email every 15 minutes. The setup was very easy.

Check out Pete's Bugless Beast new er25 2.1 rom. Those of you to try it will be happy you did.