WTF?! My droid just erased all my text messages...

drek

Reaction score
For no reason. I received a text, read it and pressed the home button. Went back to respond and EVERY one of my texts is gone. That's f'n BS. Any way to recover them?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
probably not. use a backup like sms backup in case this does happen again

people have posted about this before so its not just you

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Never heard of anyone being able to do so.....

It happens to a few, others never....weird issue.

OP
drek

drek

Reaction score
Damn that's irritating!

hiphopvenom

Reaction score
My droid must be blessed.. i hVe never ran into most of the issues i have read on this forum

Skytile

Reaction score
This has happened to me about four times since I got my phone in early April. The past two times, I think, happened when it wanted to force close the entire messaging app. I habitually press force close. XD I'm going to avoid doing that from now on and see if that helps anything.

SMS Backup helps, because if I lose all my messages, I just go to my gmail and read the most recent message. That way I don't have to bother people to resend their messages. :)

Really wish this problem would be fixed, though. I like to lock messages and read them again later.... They aren't separated and special with SMS Backup. They're just there. So if I want to reread them, I have to sort through and find them. Bleh.

OP
drek

drek

Reaction score
This has happened to me about four times since I got my phone in early April. The past two times, I think, happened when it wanted to force close the entire messaging app. I habitually press force close. XD I'm going to avoid doing that from now on and see if that helps anything.

SMS Backup helps, because if I lose all my messages, I just go to my gmail and read the most recent message. That way I don't have to bother people to resend their messages. :)

Really wish this problem would be fixed, though. I like to lock messages and read them again later.... They aren't separated and special with SMS Backup. They're just there. So if I want to reread them, I have to sort through and find them. Bleh.

I just installed SMS backup. It will help going forward, but it sucks because I had some important ones I can't get back. F'n technology. lol.

Skytile

Reaction score
I think I was smart enough to install it before my texts starting erasing because I had already read about the problem on the forum. XD Learning from other people's mistakes. It's awesome.

eliassami5

Reaction score
OP
drek

drek

Reaction score

had it happen on a weekly basis with 2.1, it suddenly stopped on 2.1 and now im on 2.2 and still haven't had the problem. I still use smsbackup tho just in case.

I'm running rooted bugless beast but am looking to unroot it. Now to ensure I do it correctly...