Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Big Box stores pull crazy stuff like this all the time. I stopped reading The Consumerist because I got tired of hearing about it.

BB gets my business because I'm impatient, but I also tread lightly, and know how to keep them from effing with me. You just have to know what buttons to push: they tried to sell me an "optimized" laptop at the marked up price because they didn't have any "unoptimized" units in stock. Rather than bend over and take it, I made it clear to the manager that he was going to sell me the laptop at the sticker price, or I was going to make his life hell.

You just have to know how to place the game.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
sorta like the ole bait and switch trick. I like BB but always look at newegg first. THEY ROCK. Amazon isn't bad and Office Max got my business on my daughter's laptop beating out everyone by about a hunderd bux or so. I try not to be too loyal to a big box or online store, just shop shop shop...
Here's my favorite pic from a recent trip to dallas:

DallasDroid11.jpg

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
i understand your upset, but that is reaally offtopic from droids.

Technically anything that is not a Droid-based discussion is "off topic". Want the Venn Diagram or set theory notation?:)

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

this is the OFFTOPIC part of the forum - what should i post here?

and how is it that off topic? best buy is a retail electronics store and the droid is...umm...an electronic

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorta like the ole bait and switch trick. I like BB but always look at newegg first. THEY ROCK. Amazon isn't bad and Office Max got my business on my daughter's laptop beating out everyone by about a hunderd bux or so. I try not to be too loyal to a big box or online store, just shop shop shop...
yea i recently started using amazon and have always been a loyal customer to newegg but i always counted on best buy for like when you wanna go try something out..

ricepuddin

Reaction score

I took a nap leaning against that very BB vending machine ( i think, only seen one at DFW) because i was to tired (read lazy) to go to the USO.

You can always find a better deal, it just sometimes requires patients. something most of us are in short supply of!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
What's so hard ? Slide your Droid , input the product name , hit shopping . Or even easier , use the bar code scanner. It's showing you the price on eBay , Amazon , NewEgg , Buy , Best Buy , Office Max and another thousand stores . Do you think this requires patience and time ? Some of the products are cheaper , other more expensive , what do you expect , it's a business . Sometimes even the price on their website is 200$ lower than the one in store .

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rarely go to BB myself and when I do, I know what I'm going for. The one I got my Droid from has pretty good people, though.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's kinda why he posted here, hence the forum section name "Off Topic Discussions"

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i love how more ppl are commenting on the one person who said i shouldnt post this here than the actual topic