WTA : How to remove default app?

lesjaw

Reaction score
since app from N1 can run on milestone..how do we remove default app in milestone? like Music, Gallery etc..

and adb seems not working for me, it didn't detect milestone, i can see in device manager that driver for Mot ADB interface is installed..

windows user here..

DAGr8

Reaction score
Hi try searchin the forum , in the Droid section I believe there is aguide for adb , tho ignore the shell command and the SU since we do not have root yet on milestone , but for example if you wanted to install an app to your phone via adb all you d have to do is adb install c:\yourapp for example , and it worked for me / if you want to remove app go setting / manage app click on the ne you wanna uninstall and then choose uninstall , easy as that .

OP
L

lesjaw

Reaction score
before i have milestone, i have htc magic..have been played with it for six month..flashing updating etc..(already familiar with adb command), and yes i wonder how do we do rm command if we don't have root? since default app is in root folder..and we can't just uninstall it from manage-application..

btw i can use adb now..it seems just usb driver problem..

g4rb4g3

Reaction score
We can't remove any stock apps until we have root access.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
We can't remove any stock apps until we have root access.

Even then if it's like the Droid, removing native apps causes issues...

ChaosKiller

Reaction score
Since the milestone now has root I was wondering how we can remove default apps. I bought documents to go and I want to remove the standard QuickOffice. Any way to do that? I googled it once but it wouldn't work :)