WSJ: Verizon IPhone Confirmed!!

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by markwebb, Oct 6, 2010.

1. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

Wow wait a second, what about an iPhone running froyo, boom FTW.

No I am not serious.
  2. kennyc

kennyc New Member

Like your sig quote!
  3. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yea...some things that happened with me recently in my personal life, this defines me.

It became my favorite quote of all time.
  4. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 New Member

I will stay with Droid. I don't want an all touch screen phone plus my iTouch is fine & if the payments are anything like AT&T's I won't be able to afford it.
  5. GeneralAmerica

GeneralAmerica New Member

Then we could all use FaceTime!

Attached Files:

6. UNC

UNC New Member

You're funny! So the iPhone "only" gets 2.41 more hours of talk time... that's a lot!!!

Also, why is it so much easier to carry around a seperate battery than a battery quick charger???

Sent from hell using my Incredible... the one with amoled...
  7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^Thats funny, cuz I think you're funny....

U seem to forget you're the one that said 3+ hours for the iPhone 4....I calculated 2+ hours....and like I posted....different battery tests for Android phones showed different battery times.... That 2.41 hours is total time from all the tests Anandtech did, not just talk time. The Droid X gets more talk time than the iPhone 4. It all depends on what you use your phone for.

A separate battery would be alot easier to carry around than a quick battery charger, especially if its the size of that Energizer one someone posted...I guess having a spare battery is a bad idea. A removable battery is a bad idea. I can put bigger size batteries in my phone, all but eliminating the need for spare batteries or quick battery chargers...I have a 2800mAh extended battery in my Droid 1. Normal use, it can last anywhere between 2-4 days....

Look, I see you're excited the iPhone may be coming to Verizon. Thats fine. All phones have pros n cons. The total battery life of an iPhone 4 vs. Android phones: pro for the iPhone 4. Talk time of the Droid X vs. the iPhone 4: X has more talk time, pro for talk time goes to the X.

Non removable battery: con IMO and to alot of people.
  8. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Does CDMA inherently still use more juice than GSM?
    Or am I remembering the days of ATT being TDMA around my neck of the woods(suncom)?

wified from a monolith using a slider
  9. UNC

UNC New Member

Your "normal" MUST be a lot less than my "normal". Because my old Sanyo S1 wouldn't last 4 days and it was a non-camera having feature phone.. so whatever spell you've cast on your electronics it has done a hell of a job.... my droid lasts at most 14 hrs, and that's without internet use. With any type of real use its more like 5 or 6 hrs... with the incredible its more like 9 hrs without, 3 or 4hr with real use.. that's a joke, and those are real world numbers.

Also, when you say "a lot of people" you are speculating. Far more people own or have owned iPhone than android. (50 million units) so obviously "most" people don't caee about the battery.
  10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^Do you have an extended battery in your phones? Have you used a phone with an extended battery? My Omnia 1 with its stock battery could last longer than my Droid 1 with "normal" use....

The Droid 1 comes with a 1400mAh battery....2800 mAh is like double the size... Considering the fact that a good or bad reception area can have an effect on battery life...YMMV...
    Yea, you right my "normal" use might be not be the same as yours. My "normal" use included WiFi at home and not alot of GPS; almost no GPS. But thats not magic. If your Droid 1 last 5-6 hours with "real use"....yea....your "normal" and my "normal" are 2 totally different things...With "normal" use I could get the Droid to last longer than 5-6 hours...more like 14-16 hours....and that included internet use. And in case you somehow missed my post...I said 2-4 days with the extended battery....so lets try not focus on the max days I posted, okay?

A non removable might not be a con to 50 million, that still doesnt mean its not a con to alot of ppl...
  11. UNC

UNC New Member

That was my point, I believe your battery lasts that long, I was just saying my "normal" use includes a lot of Angry Birds and wireless tether.

Sent from Hell on my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App
  12. wateroksnmud

wateroksnmud New Member

LoL are you serious? I have virtually the same plan I had with ATT and now on verizon except I lost 1000 anytime minutes and I'm paying 30$ more. I'm new to verizon and have had every iPhone since the '05 launch. I'm not digging my DX to much, but I dont have a choice till the iPhone comes to the dark side. For those wondering why I switched, because ATT paid to much for exclusivity and forgot to put towers here in Denver. Cant make a call to save my life and figured since I was paying close to 200 a month for cell phones, probably be best I could talk on it, not just surf on it
  13. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

The iPhone didn't launch until 2007. I've owned all but the iPhone 4 (still have my 3G-S) and will never go back..regardless of what carrier its on.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  14. wateroksnmud

wateroksnmud New Member

You're correct, 2007. Dont know why I wrote 2005, had to go back and re read what I wrote.