WSJ: Verizon iPhone Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by droid_mike, Mar 30, 2010.

1. larryzorz

larryzorz New Member

Meh, they both had their pros and cons, it was just easier for me to stay on my current network than to switch over to AT&T. If paired up at the time on VZW's network, I would've most likely picked iPhone.
  2. frozty

frozty New Member

I don't know if I should get a droid anymore :[
  3. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Actually, I apologize, I didn't mean to come off that way in retrospect. I just thought you were being snippy, and you weren't.

I can understand your view. There are apps and things you are "used to" or need on a iPhone, just like if I bought an iPhone now I might complain about doing things a new way. If there were apps I'm used to and they aren't on the iPhone, I'd complain. What you are saying there are apps that just don't exist on Android, and that is a valid, REAL reason to switch.

But, barring the reasons stated above, I don't see why people would switch. Personally, I've come to love Android, I really do. I just don't think the iPhone offers anything to me that Android doesn't.

oh, and "go play photoshop" is a reference to a very funny spoof video released a few years ago.

It really was funny.

-Wil
  4. ilikefishes

ilikefishes New Member

I had an iphone and came back to VZW as soon as the Droid was introduced. The iphone is a CRAP business tool compared to the individualization and customization of the Droid. I was so happy to part with the Apple dictatorship and come over to an open market where I can do a, oh my gosh, don't say it, BATTERY PULL. There will always be people out there that want Apple, I am just not one of them. I would not have even had an iphone if VZW would have taken care of me when I dropped my XV6800. Loved that phone.
  5. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Its in alot of news posts and such but is still speculation for now.
  6. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

What bugs me is how popular the iPhone is. Sure it'd be a good move for Verizon, but it just really annoys me. The iPhone is overrated, and it's not nearly as fun to use as Android. I switched too, and the Droid is far superior but it will never look that way because an iPhone is an iPhone.

My sister's a mac too. It bothers me when she goes to buy a $2000 mac laptop and I'm standing here saying "Yo, the Hackintosh I can make for $1000 has much better hardware, forget about the mac" but of course since Macs are popular everyone just claims there better?
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  7. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Just because you don't like the iPhone doesnt mean others wont. Some prefer Anroid, Some prefer iPhone, Some prefer BlackBerry. Its all personal prefrence. I myself will buy an iPhone if one comes to Verizon but thats not saying i wont switch back to my droid quickly. Like ive said before the iPhone has alot more storage for apps and such than the droid does and has alot more apps available period.
  8. NVash

NVash New Member

Android may be gaining a foothold in the market but whatever happened to Apples five million lawsuits? I guess they fell through for them to be taking the iPhone to Verizon. Maybe they figure they have to do it the long hard way instead of making them cease and desist.
  9. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

it's all about the apps people, that's the issue, if the apps were the same on the droid I'd never even think about getting an iphone, but the apps are 10000x better on the iphone

the problem is that the apps will NEVER come close on android phones because there are so many different android phones with various capabilites and features which means the devs have so make the lowest quality product. They don't have to worry about that with the iphone.

the average person cares about all the apps, not weather or not you can root your phone and overclock it
  10. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

Well said. You can also Jailbreak an iPhone but like you said the average user of these phones will not bother with Rooting or Jailbreaking. I haven't even rooted my droid because id like it to stay on warranty and its just too much work.
  11. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

same with me, I don't plan on ever rooting
  12. mack19318

mack19318 New Member

I like the Iphone but once you buy the 8gb that's it you only have 8gbs. Same for the 16 and 32. The Droids have sd cards and with froyo the abbility to put apps to sd card. The 32gb sd card came out this year and was great to be able to expand my phone from 16gb to 32gb. And when the next big sd card comes out people can upgrade again to even more storage. And then the battery. I have two batteries for my D1 and have switched often when not being able to keep my phone on a charger. So for me the 4G/lte droids will be what I get for my next phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App