WSJ: Verizon iPhone Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by droid_mike, Mar 30, 2010.

1. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Damn
    thats as gay as Ricky Martin. lol

2. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw this

3. Trenium

Trenium New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard the new iphone on verizon will be running android 2.1

4. rgn2000

rgn2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know it will eventually happen, but i am praying very hard it does not happen anytime soon. With an Iphone on Verizon we will have even more of these elitist technologically inept idiots around.

The Droid 2 will hopefully launch by the end of the year and my guess is that it will have mini hdmi out, record in 720p, and of course an even faster processor.

Apple will upgrade their current model this summer (whether verizon or not), but they will always be a step behind in the technology The geeks who by them think they set the trend. I hate to see more of these geeks running around.

5. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0

6. droid_mike

droid_mike Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problem is, Jim Cramer is almost always wrong... You can make a fortune off of doing the exact opposite of what he suggests.

7. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    He's not almost always wrong. They've done studies on things he's recommended, and he came out to be very average (wrong as much as right). Personally, I never listen to those clowns. I can do the research and formulate my own opinions usually. And those guys have been wrong about some very BIG things.

Actually, come to think of it, so have I. But at least if I make a bad decision I learn from it, instead of just blaming them. :)

-Wil

8. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Well put and right on IMHO. I have had both, and yes, Iphone is a little more polished, but it stops there. I will never go back to that controlled mess.

9. rgn2000

rgn2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's face it most people who are on this forum are hardcore people who have some decent technological knowledge. The Iphone is not for us, it is more for the person who is not all that savvy that wants something cool that looks like they know something. You can't blame Verizon nor Apple for going after that market because unfortunately it is a bigger market.

Eventhough I have never bought an Apple product (nor do I plan to), I would probably recommend the IPhone to a lot of people just knowing they are not that savvy with technology. It has more of easy to understand UI with less control to mess things up. Lets face it, we laugh at the Iphone for not having multitasking, but honestly most users of the Iphone do not really need it nor do they know they are even missing it. The Iphone is mainstream and the mainstream is never a good thing. It is like a real driving enthusiast would want to drive a standard for more control, but the soccer mom driving her automatic could care less what she is missing out by not driving a standard (of course minivans do not come in standard, but forget that). If you go up to 15 random Iphone users on the street I can guarantee you that 12 of the 15 have not heard of android.

10. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh.. yes. Well said, and I do agree with you. I have to stop thinking in terms of "everyone should want what I want". There are people out there who just don't want to tinker with thier phones/setup, and you are right, I would recommend them the iPhone.

Me.. I got the baddest Droid on the planet. But thats me. :)

-Wil

11. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    why are people getting so angry over Verizon giving people another option?

I love the Verizon network but I was going to leave Verizon to go to ATT just because the Iphone is such an incredible phone, and the apps are amazing. But Verizon got the Droid which was comparable to the iphone so I jumped on it. I am really liking the Droid so far the apps available are not even close to the iphones, and apps are a big deal to me. When Verizon gets the iphone I'm jumping to that phone day 1.

Accept competition, don't hate on it

12. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The question I have then is why did you get a Droid? Simply put. You wanted an iPhone but got a Droid but will get an iPhone if it comes to VZW. Ummm... that really doesn't make any sense to me. I don't hate competition, I embrace it because it produces better products. Which is why Android exists as well as the Droid, Nexus, Incredible, Evo, etc... What I don't like is being locked into a device that I cannot do anything with other than what is prescribed to me by the manufacturer. I also don't enjoy having to pay for a new phone if something happens to the battery and having a fixed amount of storage. DRM is also another big problem with me as I believe once I pay for a piece of media I should be able to play it on whatever device I choose. Which is why the iPhone is in my opinion and inferior device. Maybe not hardware wise but definitely from the software/OS front.