WSJ: Verizon iPhone Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by droid_mike, Mar 30, 2010.

1. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

2. droid_mike

droid_mike New Member

Problem is, Jim Cramer is almost always wrong... You can make a fortune off of doing the exact opposite of what he suggests.
  3. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

He's not almost always wrong. They've done studies on things he's recommended, and he came out to be very average (wrong as much as right). Personally, I never listen to those clowns. I can do the research and formulate my own opinions usually. And those guys have been wrong about some very BIG things.

Actually, come to think of it, so have I. But at least if I make a bad decision I learn from it, instead of just blaming them. :)

-Wil
  4. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Well put and right on IMHO. I have had both, and yes, Iphone is a little more polished, but it stops there. I will never go back to that controlled mess.
  5. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

Let's face it most people who are on this forum are hardcore people who have some decent technological knowledge. The Iphone is not for us, it is more for the person who is not all that savvy that wants something cool that looks like they know something. You can't blame Verizon nor Apple for going after that market because unfortunately it is a bigger market.

Eventhough I have never bought an Apple product (nor do I plan to), I would probably recommend the IPhone to a lot of people just knowing they are not that savvy with technology. It has more of easy to understand UI with less control to mess things up. Lets face it, we laugh at the Iphone for not having multitasking, but honestly most users of the Iphone do not really need it nor do they know they are even missing it. The Iphone is mainstream and the mainstream is never a good thing. It is like a real driving enthusiast would want to drive a standard for more control, but the soccer mom driving her automatic could care less what she is missing out by not driving a standard (of course minivans do not come in standard, but forget that). If you go up to 15 random Iphone users on the street I can guarantee you that 12 of the 15 have not heard of android.
  6. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Ahh.. yes. Well said, and I do agree with you. I have to stop thinking in terms of "everyone should want what I want". There are people out there who just don't want to tinker with thier phones/setup, and you are right, I would recommend them the iPhone.

Me.. I got the baddest Droid on the planet. But thats me. :)

-Wil
  7. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

why are people getting so angry over Verizon giving people another option?

I love the Verizon network but I was going to leave Verizon to go to ATT just because the Iphone is such an incredible phone, and the apps are amazing. But Verizon got the Droid which was comparable to the iphone so I jumped on it. I am really liking the Droid so far the apps available are not even close to the iphones, and apps are a big deal to me. When Verizon gets the iphone I'm jumping to that phone day 1.

Accept competition, don't hate on it
  8. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

The question I have then is why did you get a Droid? Simply put. You wanted an iPhone but got a Droid but will get an iPhone if it comes to VZW. Ummm... that really doesn't make any sense to me. I don't hate competition, I embrace it because it produces better products. Which is why Android exists as well as the Droid, Nexus, Incredible, Evo, etc... What I don't like is being locked into a device that I cannot do anything with other than what is prescribed to me by the manufacturer. I also don't enjoy having to pay for a new phone if something happens to the battery and having a fixed amount of storage. DRM is also another big problem with me as I believe once I pay for a piece of media I should be able to play it on whatever device I choose. Which is why the iPhone is in my opinion and inferior device. Maybe not hardware wise but definitely from the software/OS front.
  9. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

It is getting worse...

iPhone HD to get video conferencing on June 22 | The Apple Core | ZDNet.com

New Iphone to be called Iphone HD, to be announced June 22nd. Will have multitasking, front facing camera, 960 X 640 screen. Video conferencing is also going to be supported.

My guess is it won't include mini HDMI out and you will have to buy an expensive dock to hook up to your tv and of course no SD cards for expansion. Probably won't have flash support either.

Damn, I can't wait till the Droid 2 comes out.
  10. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 New Member

I got the Droid because it was the closest thing Verizon had to an iphone and I believe most of the Droid owners feel the way I do
  11. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Me thinks your wrong on that one.
  12. zakany

zakany New Member

I don't.

Then again, I don't claim to speak for most Droid owners.
  13. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

FYI 960x640 on a 4" screen is not a correct ratio for a screen that small. Anyway besides that. Aside from a front facing camera what else will it have to offer? Multi-tasking according to the article is going to be for "select" 3rd party apps. No SD cards, no removable battery, nada. It can record in HD, yay? No flash support, confirmed as everyone working on the iPad is going HTML5. So essentially a somewhat faster, a little larger screen with a better resolution but nothing above and beyond a Droid let alone an Evo 4G. Again nothing compelling or woohoo about it.
  14. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

15. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Moved to proper forum area..........
  16. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

That's the way I feel.

Or would have, since my Droid was a Christmas gift from my parents. If I had my way, I'd still be using my Razr. :)
  17. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

Think of something. :) Because that's how I feel. VZW gets iPhone, I'm switching (and yes, I'll leave these forums).

Yep, the Droid's nice. But for what I want/need in a smartphone, it's more than likely never coming to the Droid. I can get what I need on an iPhone.

And being a person who makes a living as a photography, I don't "play" with photoshop. In fact I have never had a game on any computer other than what came with it. My computers are a tool to work with, and to make me money if at all possible. They aren't game consoles (so I don't know what "crysis 2" is). :)

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. People need to be tolerant.
    (I know it doesn't happen).
  18. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Then why did you get a Droid knowing that you can get what you need on an iPhone but not Android? Kinda like knowing that the red pill will kill you and the blue pill will cure all your ills. But you took the red pill because it's your favorite color. It just doesn't make sense.
  19. larryzorz

larryzorz New Member

I got it cause VZW has a better network..
  20. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

So in essence you swallowed the red pill.