WSJ: Verizon iPhone Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by droid_mike, Mar 30, 2010.

1. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL we have heard alot of different things from people who work for Verizon. She probably has no clue what shes talking about just like 99% of Verizon's reps. Unless she actually works in the department that handles upcoming phones to the network then she has no relevance to this subject whatsoever.

2. UggTheThug

UggTheThug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wasnt that credible source Moto? and apparently it was bugged like hell(correct me if im wrong but the 2.1 thread is longg)

but anywayyea ill believe verizon iPhone when i see it, and then ill laugh in its slow, low resolution a**

3. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I know...that is why I put it in there! I thought it would get a laugh or two...Personally I truly believe that if you follow the breadcrumbs...the answer is there for all.

4. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No it was actually a Verizon employee that leaked a photo of a screen saying the update would be out on that date. It was never an actual announcement made by Verizon, Motorola or Google. Motorola has now confirmed it is coming just not sure exactly when yet.

The CDMA iPhone (if there is one coming) might actually be very nice seeing as how it will be the same as the new iPhone 4G that is supposed to be coming out this Summer as well. Apple has to step their game up a little bit to keep up with all the very powerful Android devices coming out or already out. (ex. Moto Droid, Nexus One, HTC Incredible, HTC Evo)

5. BCrawford

BCrawford Member

Ratings:
    +1
    :icon_ worthless:

6. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    it's only a matter of time before the iphone "happens" for Verizon. Just a matter of when

7. meepstone

meepstone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "Spreading the rumors, it's very easy because the people who write about Apple want that story, and you can claim its credible because you spoke to someone at Apple." -- Investment guru Jim Cramer

8. MdicnMan

MdicnMan Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Only thing they have IMHO is the real docking ability. That is really the only thing that is "missing" from Android phones. Worth jumping ship for? I don't think so.

9. MarkO

MarkO Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about 2.1, but Verizon Wireless is getting the iPhone this summer.

10. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Well from what i understand, its not the same Iphone. Its a whole new model, isnt it?

11. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    More choices are always better IMO. I don't get the Android fans that feel the need to "protect" Android. Competition in the wireless market is what drives these things, not protectionism.

History is history. Have you seen how much of the mobile OS traffic share the iPhone has in the US?
    http://gizmodo.com/5504622/how-the-iphone-could-end-up-in-second-place

Aside from some unlocked units running on TMO this means that at&t single-handedly handles more than half (they offer more than just the iPhone) of the mobile OS traffic in the country. It's no wonder their network is so plagued. Well, that, and their poor planning.

Anyway, that's not germane. Sales figures of the iPhone aren't anything to sneeze at either. The discussion forum "industry analysts" tend to assume that corporations hold grudges and such (as if they think and act the way individual people do or something) but in the end it's money and "shareholder value" that matters above all else.

The same way I doubt any wireless device rumor no matter how "credible the source(s)" or how many "pieces you put together". It's certainly kept me from being repeatedly disappointed versus those that hang on to every single rumor and buy into the self-generated hype (see every single 2.1 thread if you really need more examples of the latter). Of course, how others take rumors is completely up to them... It's official announcements or nothing for me as even those can slip.

Worth is always subjective. There are always going to be people that find a device to be worth switching to and not always for the same reason(s).

It has to be since the existing models aren't CDMA.

#23 takeshi, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  12. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Meh....it still won't change my attitude towards Apple.