WSJ: Google Nexus 6

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones Forum' started by pc747, Oct 9, 2014.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,860
    [​IMG]

WSJ posted an article today stating that the Google Shamu is expected to be released later this month. More and more Shamu news coming from more reputable sources. Think it is safe to say this is no longer a myth device but a reality.

Google Hopes Whale of a Phone Will Make Splash in Phablet Market - Digits - WSJ

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Too big for my main phone. This sure makes my decision easier. Now it's simply between the Moto X 2nd Gen (as it's called on Motorola's own website,) and the Droid Turbo, and frankly the Turbo I think is going to win the battle for me.

3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,670
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Yeah not looking to have a phablet of a phone. Wonder if a smaller version of the Nexus 6 will come out, I think coming out with a phablet sized Nexus device could be a misstep from Google.

Like Fox, I'd rather have a smaller device. Moto X or Xperia z3v for me though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,860
    Foxkat, if I was on Verizon I would go droid turbo. It by far has better specs and it's not like you missing something with the moto x2 being locked down. Actually the moto x2 may get update faster as there is no blur to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Yeah, and for me the only other possible thing that could sway my decision to go Moto X (2nd Gen), would be the Developer Edition. Now, if they offer a Dev Ed for the TURBO!!!! Bring it on! :)

P.S., I miss all the neat animated GIF emoticons of the old system... The Bananna and others were fun to use.

6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +933
    I was really hoping the Turbo would be a 4.7" screen. Oh well, still looks to be the best option out there (especially for those of us who still use our phone to, you know, make calls).

7. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,023
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Motorola Nexus 6 spotted on CPU-Z - Details - Android Advices

The new CPU-Z benchmark screenshots of Nexus 6 has revealed a lot about the device. According to the Geek bench test, the phone features a 5.9 inch screen that could directly compete with the Galaxy Note 4 and Note alpha. The HD display screen will support a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. Another image that emerged of the device last week, also confirmed a 5.92-inch Nexus 6. The phone will run on latest quad-core Snapdragon 805 CPU with a 2.65GHz quad-core Krait 450 CPU. It has a 3GB of RAM.

[​IMG]

M8 tap'd