Wrong contact in notifaction bar for SMS

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by zeppelin, Jan 19, 2010.

1. zeppelin

zeppelin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Every now and then when i receive a text the wrong contact will be shown in the notification bar. It usual occurs when I have been having a couple of conversations going and it will get the two mixed up once and won't happen again for a few days.

Anyone else had this or know what to do about it.

This has the potential to be pretty bad if you were to get the wrong people mixed up
  2. stanrc

stanrc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed contact names get messed up (usually duplicated) in the messaging screen. but the number and photo are always correct so i don't think theres much risk of it going to the wrong person. Just the name displayed is off for some reason.
  3. djh074

djh074 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have had this happen also. fortunately, if u reply to the message it goes to the right person. deinately a nusance though. hopefully this will be fixed in 2.1.
  4. zeppelin

zeppelin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, usual I can tell by context that it got mess up (my brother doesn't want to have lots of sex this weekend, and my girlfriend doesn't want to play wow later tonight) but when I don't pay attention I have sent the text to the wrong person even though once I click on the message everything appears as it should.
  5. jenjen

jenjen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This has been happening to me a few times a week for the last week or so. I texted my bank (mobile banking, I can send a text and it replies with my balance) and then it had "Jenn xxx" in the header bar. Freaked me out! Then today, I was having a conversation and everytime I replied to the other person, my message was sent to my email, not to her! Header said "Email" (which I have programmed into my contacts to send myself a pic msg quickly). I looked in the message details and it said the # it was sent to was 6245. No idea what that is. If I then forwarded her the message, it worked fine.

And finally, I did have an instance a few weeks ago of a message actually going to the wrong person. On my lunch break I ran an errand and then to pick up lunch for my coworkers and some clients, and the errand took longer than expected, so I texted a friend/coworker "on way back now, @$$tards at pharmacy took forever!" Then I got a message from my sister that said "HUH???" Although the message I sent was in the thread between myself and Maggie, when I viewed the details of it it listed my sister's phone number! It did not appear in the thread of messages between my sister and me. *This* could really cause problems if a message got to the wrong person; I often vent about a client w/ my coworker or husband, and said client is in my contact list as well. I think if I got fired because a message went to an unintended recipient, I'd definitely be looking into my legal options!
  6. jbsangel

jbsangel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Happened to me for the first time the other day. Notification bar said the message was from my brother but then when I clicked it, the picture made me double take since it was my friend sitting a few seats down from me.
  7. jenjen

jenjen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What messaging app is everyone using? What programs do you have installed that are related to messaging? I'm using the default messaging app and I think the only other app I have that is related is Missed Call. Just wondering if we can find a common thread here...
  8. jbsangel

jbsangel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When it happened to me, I was using the stock messaging app. I have quite a few apps installed, too many to name, but none related to SMS/MMS. I doubt in this case that has anything to do with this problem, though. This issue has a thread on androidforums also and it seems its just a bug.
Search tags for this page
contact smscontact.nu
droid messaging displays wrong number for contact
gmail app for x201
go sms pro wrong name on contact
iphone message notification displays wrong contact
iphone text showing in wrong contact
iphone wrong contact name text message
text messages coming with wrong iphone name
the wrong person got my iphone text medsage

wrong sms contact displayed