Wrong city - won't correct

wendee2150

Reaction score
Ok, I made a decision (thanks for your opinions) and went with the X2. Only issue I have is that the camera seems to think I'm in Doolittle, MO and I'm really in Indiana. I've done everything I know to do to correct that without success. Any one had this problem? It is like that when I take a picture and for the weather widget. When I use Maps or locations I am where I am. But if I try to find coffee shops or shoes, it takes me back to MO. Thanks for assistance in advance!
Wendy

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Ravyn

Reaction score
I had the exact issue... it seemed (to me) that my GPS was incorrect, and it was affecting everything. I disabled GPS and rebooted my phone when it came back on... I was back in lil o' Arkansas.

I hope that helps.

Willie_gs

Reaction score
Location on?
Also since I signed in to google (browser) and allowed location that was corrected since.
Don't recall performing any other changes or settings.

Haiasi

Reaction score
You can also try manually calibrating the GPS.

Do the following once with the GPS off and once with it on.

Rotate phone face up 5-8 times.

Rotate phone vertically 5-8 times.

Rotate phone horizontally 5-8 times. Meaning hold the phone in your palm and flip it sideways from face up to face down and vice versa in one continuous direction 5-8 times.

I've had it tell me when I'm im California that I'm in Alaska or New Mexico. Performing the steps above have fixed it for me every time.