WRIO Keyboard Brings Fast and Precise Typing To Your Mobile Device.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

WRIO is a new kickstarter project which seeks to bring a better typing experience to your device. Chances are if you are using an Android device you have a favorite 3rd party keyboard. One of my least favorite keyboards is the stock Samsung keyboard, mainly because it over auto corrects. It changes words that are already correct. I'm guessing it does this because it is trying to finish out the word before you type it. The most annoying thing it does is replaces a correct word with some random email account in my contacts list?!

WRIO seeks to make the typing experience painless and seeks to be a major player in the third party aftermarket keyboard space. Their honeycomb layout gives more space to each keys which means you won't accidentally press the wrong key. There are two space keys in the center of the keyboard instead of one long space key at the bottom of the keyboard making spaces less jarring. There are gestures which allow to to swipe up to capitalize a letter, swipe back to delete, swipe left to space, and down to activate the secret feature. The auto correction is personalized to you.

WRIO has already met their pledge goal of $10,290, and still have 9 days to go. Pledge levels of 5 bucks gets you a free app token, and levels go all the way up to $1,000 which gets you a specially customized theme and all extras from other levels. Submit your pledge below.

via wriokickstarter

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have tried so many KBs and keep going back to the Google KB. Seems to be the best choice for my needs.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I used Swiftkey for a very long time. I'm currently using Google Keyboard and liking it just as much as I like Swiftkey. I have tried MANY alternative keyboards, but always come back to one of these two.

Typing on my phone is already mostly a muscle memory situation similar to touch-typing on a computer keyboard, so I don't think I'd even really try something like this. I know to expect the Y to be be up near the T. This keyboard puts it down and to the left. It's bad enough having to search for a seldom-used punctuation mark. I don't want to have to work at learning to remember where to find letters.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No. I grew up typing on a QWERTY keyboard. I'm not learning a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Google Keyboard has been my goto for years now. I used to use Swype and Swiftkey, but I have found that their swiping technologies just don't work as well for me as the Google Keyboard. I rely heavily on swiping and I get the most accurate results from Googe's Keyboard thus far.

I am always willing to try out new keyboards though. I will definitely give this one a try eventually, I would say.

jbal52

Reaction score
I use Swiftkey and really depend on the predictive text but always preferred a physical keyboard...perhaps because i can type faster using my thumbnails as opposed to having to use the flat of the thumb or finger which messes up my accuracy. This looks like a potential positive improvement on the virtual keyboard.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
SwiftKey is keyboard of choice for our multilingual family due to ease of language switching and text prediction in multiple languages. Nothing even comes close.
6c0006f6b1e7562660f27a520ab5bbf9.jpg

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been a Swyper for half a decade now.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Big_Berny

Banned
Reaction score
Typing on my phone is already mostly a muscle memory situation similar to touch-typing on a computer keyboard, so I don't think I'd even really try something like this. I know to expect the Y to be be up near the T. This keyboard puts it down and to the left. It's bad enough having to search for a seldom-used punctuation mark. I don't want to have to work at learning to remember where to find letters.
Hey Jonny
The screenshot was from a german keyboard why the Y and Z were switched. We replaced the screenshot so there's no confusion anymore. The idea of our keyboard is on fact that you don't need to learn new locations of the letters.

Best
Janis - The WRIO Team

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hey Jonny
The screenshot was from a german keyboard why the Y and Z were switched. We replaced the screenshot so there's no confusion anymore. The idea of our keyboard is on fact that you don't need to learn new locations of the letters.

Best
Janis - The WRIO Team
That makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Germans don't use the QWERTY standard? Interesting.