WRIO Keyboard Brings Fast and Precise Typing To Your Mobile Device.

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Sep 28, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,222

WRIO is a new kickstarter project which seeks to bring a better typing experience to your device. Chances are if you are using an Android device you have a favorite 3rd party keyboard. One of my least favorite keyboards is the stock Samsung keyboard, mainly because it over auto corrects. It changes words that are already correct. I'm guessing it does this because it is trying to finish out the word before you type it. The most annoying thing it does is replaces a correct word with some random email account in my contacts list?!

WRIO seeks to make the typing experience painless and seeks to be a major player in the third party aftermarket keyboard space. Their honeycomb layout gives more space to each keys which means you won't accidentally press the wrong key. There are two space keys in the center of the keyboard instead of one long space key at the bottom of the keyboard making spaces less jarring. There are gestures which allow to to swipe up to capitalize a letter, swipe back to delete, swipe left to space, and down to activate the secret feature. The auto correction is personalized to you.

WRIO has already met their pledge goal of $10,290, and still have 9 days to go. Pledge levels of 5 bucks gets you a free app token, and levels go all the way up to $1,000 which gets you a specially customized theme and all extras from other levels. Submit your pledge below.

via wriokickstarter

2. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +900
    while I agree that the keyboard needs to be updated... I feel like it is going to take quite a while for this to happen.. getting mass acceptance, I'm not sure.

oh, and keyboards weren't designed the way they are due to limitations, it was the advice of telegraph operators

New Research Debunks Key Myth About Keyboards

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    I have tried so many KBs and keep going back to the Google KB. Seems to be the best choice for my needs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +900
    I've been using swiftkey since it released and I've tried a bunch of other keyboards... none of them work for me

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,407
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I used Swiftkey for a very long time. I'm currently using Google Keyboard and liking it just as much as I like Swiftkey. I have tried MANY alternative keyboards, but always come back to one of these two.

Typing on my phone is already mostly a muscle memory situation similar to touch-typing on a computer keyboard, so I don't think I'd even really try something like this. I know to expect the Y to be be up near the T. This keyboard puts it down and to the left. It's bad enough having to search for a seldom-used punctuation mark. I don't want to have to work at learning to remember where to find letters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,073
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    No. I grew up typing on a QWERTY keyboard. I'm not learning a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. xDMONEYx

xDMONEYx Active Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    bentxnail
    Google Keyboard has been my goto for years now. I used to use Swype and Swiftkey, but I have found that their swiping technologies just don't work as well for me as the Google Keyboard. I rely heavily on swiping and I get the most accurate results from Googe's Keyboard thus far.

I am always willing to try out new keyboards though. I will definitely give this one a try eventually, I would say.

8. jbal52

jbal52 Member

Ratings:
    +27
    I use Swiftkey and really depend on the predictive text but always preferred a physical keyboard...perhaps because i can type faster using my thumbnails as opposed to having to use the flat of the thumb or finger which messes up my accuracy. This looks like a potential positive improvement on the virtual keyboard.

• Like Like x 2
  9. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,030
    SwiftKey is keyboard of choice for our multilingual family due to ease of language switching and text prediction in multiple languages. Nothing even comes close.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    I've been a Swyper for half a decade now.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

11. Big_Berny

Big_Berny Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Jonny
    The screenshot was from a german keyboard why the Y and Z were switched. We replaced the screenshot so there's no confusion anymore. The idea of our keyboard is on fact that you don't need to learn new locations of the letters.

Best
    Janis - The WRIO Team

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,407
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    That makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying!