Woz Prefers The Razr

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
After spending some more time on ICS last night I'm really concerned about receiving the ICS update. I know we are all Android fans here but I'm not feeling ICS. From typing lag to wasted screen real estate to theme colors.

I know having the latest OS is desired but for the first time I'm finding myself feeling some trepidation about an update.

Sent from Droid RAZR

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
After spending some more time on ICS last night I'm really concerned about receiving the ICS update. I know we are all Android fans here but I'm not feeling ICS. From typing lag to wasted screen real estate to theme colors.

I know having the latest OS is desired but for the first time I'm finding myself feeling some trepidation about an update

An update as opposed to a device shipping with and being optimized for ICS - I would have concerns too, if it's not broke don't fix it type of thing

SANhacker

Reaction score
An update as opposed to a device shipping with and being optimized for ICS - I would have concerns too, if it's not broke don't fix it type of thing

Can you help me understand what is specifically optimized for ICS? Is it the CPU, GPU, Memory or something else ?
Or, is it just marketing hype ?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Motorola will optimize ICS for the RAZR. My major concern is the changes and "enhancements" that Google's newest brings.

Sent from Droid RAZR

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Motorola will optimize ICS for the RAZR. My major concern is the changes and "enhancements" that Google's newest brings.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Good point. When GB hit the Droid X with the newer version of blur, lots of people had issues. I didn't and I loved it way over anything Froyo but there were many who SBF'd back and stayed on 2.2. Heck, my buddy was without his iphone4 for a couple of days when ios5 hit OTA. I think you guys have an SBF no? If so, you have a way back!

Zandar

Reaction score

I have to disagree. Every Android device I've ever owned has been improved with its update (official update, mind) to the latest OS. Even devices that have had issues are fixed in a patch, and the end result is far better than the previous OS (speaking for a friend's Droid X and another's G2X).

Sliced from my RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have to disagree. Every Android device I've ever owned has been improved with its update (official update, mind) to the latest OS. Even devices that have had issues are fixed in a patch, and the end result is far better than the previous OS (speaking for a friend's Droid X and another's G2X).

Sliced from my RAZR

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
He would be a very knowledgeable guy who knows his stuff. He can choose any phone he wants yet he chooses the Razr. I guess he wants a signal! Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

there's millions of knowledgeable tech people out there that choose android too. how is woz special again?

Reaction score
there's millions of knowledgeable tech people out there that choose android too. how is woz special again?

Surprising anyone would ask this question. Imagine if the founder/ owner of domino pizza said he loves his pizzas but pizza hut is better. It if the CEO of target said he liked his store but does most of his shopping at Wal-Mart because they offer more with better deals. That would speak volumes for the competition and carries more weight than any average consumer or reviewer out there.

Reaction score
Surprising anyone would ask this question. Imagine if the founder/ owner of domino pizza said he loves his pizzas but pizza hut is better. It if the CEO of target said he liked his store but does most of his shopping at Wal-Mart because they offer more with better deals. That would speak volumes for the competition and carries more weight than any average consumer or reviewer out there.

look up, and your surprise will dissipate.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
look up, and your surprise will dissipate.

Not to be a jerk, but you did, quite categorically, ask why woz was special, but I get it, and the razr is just a preference that the OP and woz have, not better nor worse than the rezound or Gnex...

Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but you did, quite catalytically, ask why woz was special, but I get it, and the razr is just a preference that the OP and woz have, not better nor worse than the rezound or Gnex...

reference my previous post.