Woz Prefers The Razr

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm duped? How so?

I've used ICS and while its leaps and bounds better than STOCK Gingerbread it is not any faster than Motorola's UI running on top of Gingerbread. Matter of fact Ginger blur (or whatever you want to call it) is just as smooth and fast as stock ICS if not faster and smoother.

I know that comment may ruffle some feathers but its true. Stock Android just isnt there yet. Its not just Ginger blur, Touchwiz is also just as smooth and fast if not faster than ICS.

Manufacturers really take stock Android to another level. Its especially evident with Gingerbread. I'm sure they will take ICS to another level when they get a hold of it :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

After having the G Nex for 2 weeks....I have to agree. I've also been saying this since last year....the custom UI's dont get enough credit for what they bring to stock Android, the enhancements they bring. I also was a flash a holic and in the 2 weeks I had the G Nex, I only unlocked the bootloader with about 2-3 days left before the return date to see if the 4.0.3 radios would help...they helped 50/50. But not enough for me to keep it. Rezound and RAZR owner now....and couldnt be happier. I was already happy with the RAZR, just got a lil greedy...lol.

The G Nex did surprise me in some ways and it went down to the wire about me keeping it or not. The last day...it must have felt something and gave up the ghost....lol. Made the decision to return it easier.

he is a tech genius and he likes the razr over the gnex...if it was the other way around you gnex guys would be all over this...

Thats what funny about all this....lol. ;) But wait.....the initial story was him going to Google and picking up a G Nex early. I wonder what some folks said about that at the time....hmmmm.....

http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/11/18/woz.shows.cross.discipline.in.getting.galaxy.nexus/

Thats from Nov 18 last year....I'm sure there was plenty of gloating going on by some folks....:happy3:

Androidatic

Reaction score
Lets be honest all the Android handsets out right now are all great in their own right but at the end of the day the only thing that seperates them is build and aesthetics.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Don't forget strength of the radios!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
After having the G Nex for 2 weeks....I have to agree. I've also been saying this since last year....the custom UI's dont get enough credit for what they bring to stock Android, the enhancements they bring. I also was a flash a holic and in the 2 weeks I had the G Nex, I only unlocked the bootloader with about 2-3 days left before the return date to see if the 4.0.3 radios would help...they helped 50/50. But not enough for me to keep it. Rezound and RAZR owner now....and couldnt be happier.

:
Exactly and this really isn't an indictment against the Nexus as most people seem to take it. They feel it's an attack against the handset when in reality its about Android.

Things have changed. The manufacturer UI's have become really really good in comparison to stock android. That is yet to be seen with 4.0.3 obviously but if how they improved Gingerbread is any indication of how they will improve ICS , Motorola owners are in for a really good treat.

Hopefully when ICS pushes to the RAZR its just as good if not better than what we have now. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sent from Droid RAZR

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Exactly and this really isn't an indictment against the Nexus as most people seem to take it. They feel it's an attack against the handset when in reality its about Android.

Things have changed. The manufacturer UI's have become really really good in comparison to stock android. That is yet to be seen with 4.0.3 obviously but if how they improved Gingerbread is any indication of how they will improve ICS , Motorola owners are in for a really good treat.

Hopefully when ICS pushes to the RAZR its just as good if not better than what we have now. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sent from Droid RAZR

I for one like the mfg'r ui's. If the Gnex was vanilla GB like the Nexus S, I wouldn't have been so excited about it. I had the DX with the Froyo version of blur on it and I didn't really get why people were freaking out about it. Then when the newer blur came with with the GB update, I was in love! I am also excited to see what HTC and Moto do with ICS, should be pretty cool!

surge

Reaction score
Woz is a smart man.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
My goodness. So many Nexus owners get offended because the Woz, most people, and reviewers prefer the Razr over their phone.

The Razr already out performs the Nexus even though it doesn't have ICS yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

+1 why do the nexus fanboys love to jump in here and start arguments in the first place? Anytime the Razr gets positive news anywhere they come in these threads and rain on Razr owners parades day in and out. Better stop here before I get another warning from the mod for once again taking a stand against GNex fanboys flaming the Razr threads.

Back on subject though, I bet Jobs is rolling in his grave that his partner in crime prefers not only the Razr over the iPhone but also Android overall :)

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

alboboy10

Reaction score
+1 why do the nexus fanboys love to jump in here and start arguments in the first place? Anytime the Razr gets positive news anywhere they come in these threads and rain on Razr owners parades day in and out. Better stop here before I get another warning from the mod for once again taking a stand against GNex fanboys flaming the Razr threads.

Back on subject though, I bet Jobs is rolling in his grave that his partner in crime prefers not only the Razr over the iPhone but also Android overall :)

Correction. His favorite phone is still the iPhone. But he prefers the razr to the nexus. Reading comprehension.

Zandar

Reaction score
At first, coming from the OG Droid and with a serious flashing problem (not that kind of flashing, you pervert; I do that, but it's not a problem), I wasn't excited about Gingerblur on the RAZR. I was also hoping that they would give us ICS unmolested. Now, I'm afraid to say I'm looking forward to how Moto will improve ICS with Blur. What a crazy, upside down world we live in.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
At first, coming from the OG Droid and with a serious flashing problem (not that kind of flashing, you pervert; I do that, but it's not a problem), I wasn't excited about Gingerblur on the RAZR. I was also hoping that they would give us ICS unmolested. Now, I'm afraid to say I'm looking forward to how Moto will improve ICS with Blur. What a crazy, upside down world we live in.

I feel the same way.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I feel the same way.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just goes to show that the manufactures did actually improve as time go by with the UI's. Its like how some ppl still compare Android now to when it came out in what, 2008? Android has come a long way since then and Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and ICS is proof of the improvements.

Blur/Moto Application Platform, Touchwiz, Sense UI...all are nice if you really spend time with them and see the good things about them. The eye candy in Sense UI is ridiculous. Some of us knock Sense UI for the eye candy...and go and get Beautiful Widgets...lol Or SPB Shell 3D.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yeah lets stop all that android on android crime :icon_ devil:. Cant we all just get along. What happened to the old days when we used to all band together to attack iphone fanboys.:icon_ devil:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah lets stop all that android on android crime :icon_ devil:. Cant we all just get along. What happened to the old days when we used to all band together to attack iphone fanboys.:icon_ devil:

Know whats wild... iPhone debates are getting smaller n smaller. Its all Android vs. Android now.

Android has to have finally arrived if we get more bickering with Android vs. Android phones instead Android vs iPhone...lol.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just a thought... but has anyone shot a razr yet??? Sounds stupid I know... and there are different grades of Kevlar... but think about the publicity of the first bullet resistant phone....??? Maybe??? Maybe it was that hit to the head I took when I fell as a child.... idk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

pinoy_92

Reaction score
Just a thought... but has anyone shot a razr yet??? Sounds stupid I know... and there are different grades of Kevlar... but think about the publicity of the first bullet resistant phone....??? Maybe??? Maybe it was that hit to the head I took when I fell as a child.... idk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

who said it was bullet resistant?