Woz Prefers The Razr

gibsonlp223

Reaction score
The Kevlar is the last thing on the list. The unmatched thinness of the RAZR sets it apart from any device out right now. Throw in nanocoating, stainless steel chassis, gorilla glass and Kevlar and you have the most unique Android handset on the market.

Lets be honest all the Android handsets out right now are all great in their own right but at the end of the day the only thing that seperates them is build and aesthetics.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Every single one of those things you mentioned are called marketing buzzwords. Marketing buzzwords are cool sounding words companies like motorola use to reel in ignorant consumers who don't really know what their buying. I hate to say it, but you sir have been duped.

And who wants Kevlar? Does this stuff really look like it can protect your phone? And while the thinness may be its primary selling point, it doesn't add to the sturdiness of the phone, judging by the countless reports of them accidentally snapping in peoples pockets from being too thin. Also, I don't care how much you disagree, ics is leaps and bounds ahead of gingerbread in terms of smoothness, performance and features. But I'm sure you'll realize that when the razr gets ics 5 months from now. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326848203083.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326848203083.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 261

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
No. Its Ics. And a lot of things that were added to this phone which no other androids will have soon. Google wallet being one of them for example.

I don't care about NFC or Google Wallet. They are useless to me. To some its a big deal. Unlocked and pure Google falls on deaf ears with me. I don't care. For some it matters. First to update means a lot to some. I personally do not care. I want a perfectly functioning handset first and foremost. Ive seen and used enough Android builds to last me a lifetime. I'm fine waiting for another version. Maybe I'm jaded but I don't get excited about new builds anymore. Just being honest :)

You bought the Nexus because it has everything that YOU are looking for in a handset and I bought the RAZR because it has everything I was looking for in a handset. Is your choice wrong? Of course not.

There's something for everyone and that's what makes Android so great.

Sent from Droid RAZR

OP
vonfink13

vonfink13

Reaction score
Every single one of those things you mentioned are called marketing buzzwords. Marketing buzzwords are cool sounding words companies like motorola use to reel in ignorant consumers who don't really know what their buying. I hate to say it, but you sir have been duped.

And who wants Kevlar? Does this stuff really look like it can protect your phone? And while the thinness may be its primary selling point, it doesn't add to the sturdiness of the phone, judging by the countless reports of them accidentally snapping in peoples pockets from being too thin. Also, I don't care how much you disagree, ics is leaps and bounds ahead of gingerbread in terms of smoothness, performance and features. But I'm sure you'll realize that when the razr gets ics 5 months from now. ;)

damn that is pretty offensive..i am ignorant and i have been duped...?...oh wait woz and i have been duped and we are both ignorant.....your logic just isnt making much sense...anyone but me call you fanboy..???

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is it that all these threads result in a ridiculously pointless debate?... They make different phones for a reason. We don't all have the same tastes. Would I trade my Nexus for a Razr? Hell no. But that doesn't mean someone who bought a Razr made a mistake or was "duped". I'm sure Razr owners feel the same as I do. They wouldn't trade for a Nexus.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I should mention I was a hardcore tester and flasher of ROMS and Kernels. Was setting up my Droid at least 2x/week. Its good to own a great handset that delivers a phenomenal OTB experience that I don't feel the need to tinker with and massage every ounce of performance out of it.

Its like owning a race car that you just jump in and race :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I should mention I was a hardcore tester and flasher of ROMS and Kernels. Was setting up my Droid at least 2x/week. Its good to own a great handset that delivers a phenomenal OTB experience that I don't feel the need to tinker with and massage every ounce of performance out of it.

Its like owning a race car that you just jump in and race :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

Get what works for you. Like I said its cool that we have a choice as users especially on vzw. So if some one prefers the razr thats fine with me. You cant go wrong with either of the 3. I could use either as my daily driver.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Hmmm duped? How so?

I've used ICS and while its leaps and bounds better than STOCK Gingerbread it is not any faster than Motorola's UI running on top of Gingerbread. Matter of fact Ginger blur (or whatever you want to call it) is just as smooth and fast as stock ICS if not faster and smoother.

I know that comment may ruffle some feathers but its true. Stock Android just isnt there yet. Its not just Ginger blur, Touchwiz is also just as smooth and fast if not faster than ICS.

Manufacturers really take stock Android to another level. Its especially evident with Gingerbread. I'm sure they will take ICS to another level when they get a hold of it :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Get what works for you. Like I said its cool that we have a choice as users especially on vzw. So if some one prefers the razr thats fine with me. You cant go wrong with either of the 3. I could use either as my daily driver.

I agree.......

Sent from Droid RAZR

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Why is it that all these threads result in a ridiculously pointless debate?... They make different phones for a reason. We don't all have the same tastes. Would I trade my Nexus for a Razr? Hell no. But that doesn't mean someone who bought a Razr made a mistake or was "duped". I'm sure Razr owners feel the same as I do. They wouldn't trade for a Nexus.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

Oh I totally agree, but it's entertaining to read, I got my phone because it's what I decided I could live with for two years. Could I live with the nexus? I'm sure I could, and I could have traded in for one, but ICS doesn't feel right to me, gingerbread is where I personally want to be, but I understand why people like different phone models and OS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Kevlar is the last thing on the list. The unmatched thinness of the RAZR sets it apart from any device out right now. Throw in nanocoating, stainless steel chassis, gorilla glass and Kevlar and you have the most unique Android handset on the market.

Lets be honest all the Android handsets out right now are all great in their own right but at the end of the day the only thing that seperates them is build and aesthetics.

Sent from Droid RAZR

I let my kids mother use my RAZR from time to time...and she says she always gets comments on how thin it is. I had a G Nex for 2 weeks....and she prefers the RAZR too. She no tech geek, but she isnt new to Android. She just likes what she likes....like all of us. My 12 yo daughter likes the G Nex more....said she likes the curves.

I don't want Kevlar. Not dying for it. Wanted a true android, got it. If Kevlar was on top of my list I'd get the razr. But that's the only thing the razr has going for it. Other than that it has issues like the nexus does.

When the razr gets Ics the nexus will be on the next os probably.

Also the razr is like a tile. Its so thin and wide it felt terrible on my hand. Form factor on the razr is terrible. My nexus which has a larger screen feels smaller and better than a razr

Not to mention the beautiful 720p screen...im sure the razr won't be getting a 720p screen any time soon. Or will there be an update for that too?

After having both together for 2 weeks...the RAZR is not wider or so wide its a big difference. Its the thinness some ppl are having complaints about. I put both on top of each other, side by side on their sides and looked at them for all kinds of angles. Compare the DX1 to the RAZR, thats a different story. It is alot wider than that. But to the G Nex...the width difference is so minute its not an issue, or shouldnt be. Its the thinness..... Make the G Nex as thin as the RAZR and you would probably feel the same way.

Still curious what Woz prefers about the RAZR over the G Nex. I had one for 2 weeks and exchanged it for a Rezound...now I have what I feel are two great all around phones overall. I now what I prefer about the RAZR n Rezound...

jdroid80

Reaction score
My goodness. So many Nexus owners get offended because the Woz, most people, and reviewers prefer the Razr over their phone.

The Razr already out performs the Nexus even though it doesn't have ICS yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

gibsonlp223

Reaction score
Hmmm duped? How so?

I've used ICS and while its leaps and bounds better than STOCK Gingerbread it is not any faster than Motorola's UI running on top of Gingerbread. Matter of fact Ginger blur (or whatever you want to call it) is just as smooth and fast as stock ICS if not faster and smoother.

I know that comment may ruffle some feathers but its true. Stock Android just isnt there yet. Its not just Ginger blur, Touchwiz is also just as smooth and fast if not faster than ICS.

Manufacturers really take stock Android to another level. Its especially evident with Gingerbread. I'm sure they will take ICS to another level when they get a hold of it :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

Dems fighting words round these parts son, haha