Wow UD 3.1....18 hrs on a single charge?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
***Updated 3/16 w/ over 24hrs of life!! See screen shot**

I'm almost at a loss for words. I'm running a stock battery and that's under moderate (normal for me) usage w/ stock kernal.

I'm flabbergasted.

Anyone else getting rediculously good battery life?

you see those two spikes in charge level with accompanying green line, your phone was on the charger

no charge looks like this

If you click the charge level graph you get this, it gives line break details (time spent doing things).
That's not entirely true. If you shut down the phone and boot it back up and it has a higher battery percentage then when you shut it down, you will see those spikes. Happens on my D1 all the time. I use it a lot, battery life gets to say 40%, I turn it off for 10 minutes and boot it back up and it goes to 70%.

You will get spikes, you will not get charge lines.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
***Updated 3/16 w/ over 24hrs of life!! See screen shot**

I'm almost at a loss for words. I'm running a stock battery and that's under moderate (normal for me) usage w/ stock kernal.

4b52cc45-1bda-f08d.jpg

I'm flabbergasted.

Anyone else getting rediculously good battery life?

you see those two spikes in charge level with accompanying green line, your phone was on the charger

63c37e45-251b-3417.jpg

If you click the charge level graph you get this, it gives line break details (time spent doing things).

63c37e45-25a6-9ecb.jpg

Nope. Phone was never on charger. Batt life is just that good.

Here's today's. Over 13 hours with 70% remaining. Still not a smooth line.

4b52cc45-366f-b12e.jpg

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 GB Droid Incredible

Your updated images are charge free, your initial image...the device was on some type of charger twice. Rebooting does not cause the green charge lines.

I was not calling you a liar, sometimes we forget that plugging the device in over USB to your PC (for copying files, adb use...etc.etc) the device charges...I assumed this is what happened.

OP
coldhardtruth

coldhardtruth

Reaction score

63c37e45-251b-3417.jpg

63c37e45-25a6-9ecb.jpg

Nope. Phone was never on charger. Batt life is just that good.

Here's today's. Over 13 hours with 70% remaining. Still not a smooth line.

4b52cc45-366f-b12e.jpg

Your updated images are charge free, your initial image...the device was on some type of charger twice. Rebooting does not cause the green charge lines.

I was not calling you a liar, sometimes we forget that plugging the device in over USB to your PC (for copying files, adb use...etc.etc) the device charges...I assumed this is what happened.

Ya I backup CWM when I build new themes for different roms. it was only on for minutes maybe twice. So I get 26hrs minus 10 mins. lol. Still Blows the doors off any other roms I use.

Gracklor

Reaction score
I had about 20 hours, but part of that was overnight. Will see what happens during work tomorrow.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

spyder309

Reaction score
I get about 32-48 hours on the extended battery, about 16 on the standard battery.

I got forty just on stock battery with my normal use, on 100% stock out of the box i was getting about ten hrs...

spyder309

Reaction score

chalie1980

Reaction score
There is no way....I'm running this Tom and after about 1 or 1.5 hours I'm at like 75% after 6 hours I'm at like 30% what are yous doin to get these crazy numbers.......I don't see how it possible. I guess ill stick to playing with my e-cigerettes and making them...lol

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get about 12-14 hours of use with fairly heavy usage and on wifi. OC'd to 800mhz. I don't know what makes the battery life better in certain roms but this rom seems to really like my battery.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

chalie1980

Reaction score
Can someone plz tell me how to get battery life like this all I know is I'm running U.D. 3 some one plzzzzz helpppp

juv3

Reaction score
Newbe

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum but not new to trying out Kernels for my Moto Droid 1, So i tried Chevy's1 Kernel, Slayher kernel the latest one for GB and the one for froyo, and a bunch more... one that i tried but i had trouble with was P3droid kernel but after a few tries i got it working and man that Kernel is flying, recharges the phone faster and can't explain how excited i am because to be real it's the ****, the socond one i recomend is Chevy's1 kernel Simply stunning Gingerbread because it has a nice theme that comes with it and by the way i'm on my way to give it a try for the second time because i like the pimp'n look it gives to the status bar, it didn't notice it faster than P3droid but if you are the kind that likes performance and look rather than battery life i recommend that one, for bettery performance i recommend p3droid whatever overcloack your phone can take: now with p3droid what i did was i first flashed the kernel then the ramzwap file to use compcache, but all these needs to be done before you turn on the compcache, and also the Detethering option being checked makes it really slow so uncheck that if possible before flashing this kernel, another thing was i unchecked the Lock messeging app in memory, my phone is faster than any other kernel i have tried for the U.D 3.1.1 and if it discharges quick it charges full within one hour.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum but not new to trying out Kernels for my Moto Droid 1, So i tried Chevy's1 Kernel, Slayher kernel the latest one for GB and the one for froyo, and a bunch more... one that i tried but i had trouble with was P3droid kernel but after a few tries i got it working and man that Kernel is flying, recharges the phone faster and can't explain how excited i am because to be real it's the ****, the socond one i recomend is Chevy's1 kernel Simply stunning Gingerbread because it has a nice theme that comes with it and by the way i'm on my way to give it a try for the second time because i like the pimp'n look it gives to the status bar, it didn't notice it faster than P3droid but if you are the kind that likes performance and look rather than battery life i recommend that one, for bettery performance i recommend p3droid whatever overcloack your phone can take: now with p3droid what i did was i first flashed the kernel then the ramzwap file to use compcache, but all these needs to be done before you turn on the compcache, and also the Detethering option being checked makes it really slow so uncheck that if possible before flashing this kernel, another thing was i unchecked the Lock messeging app in memory, my phone is faster than any other kernel i have tried for the U.D 3.1.1 and if it discharges quick it charges full within one hour.

Hey juv, are you talking about the P3droid froyo kernel? I don't see one for gingerbread.

Play a jam!

Reaction score
I'm still having battery problems with UD any suggestions?

Depends on what the actual issue is. Things to try:

* Get and run the Spare Parts app after leaving your phone alone for a couple hours. Check the battery usage and "partial wake usage" and see if any app has a partial wake lock on the phone

* Remove widgets that have to poll for information; CPU/Battery temperature gauges, weather, twitter/facebook, etc.

* use setCPU to limit the max CPU speed when the screen is off to about stock or below.

* change your governor from "interactive" to "ondemand" - you get a slightly less responsive system, but it doesn't run your CPU nearly as ragged

But again, these are general solutions; you need to find out what the actual problem is first.