WOW..This section has seen sad days!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
And since I can't edit my post in the DF app for whatever reason, I have to post another.
Why does everyone want GB that badly anyway?
Personally, I think coupling a ROM that already has a task killer more aggressive than the memory intensive GB is to begin with, with something that uses more memory such as Gingerbread will be twice the beta that the Froyo version ever was simply because anything you attempt to run(music, browser, etc.) will be killed non stop. Not counting all of the other bugs it's already going to have to begin with.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cowsquad

Reaction score
Hahah at least people has something to talk abouti it. Whether is a good statement or a bad one, we all right in one way or another, folks. The truth is, this sections is being dead for awhile. I twitter metickone about porting miui gb to d1. We stated, I will when I get the file. To be honest I don't think he will.
But the way someone asked, if someone has attempted to install a milestone rom on d1, well, I have, it bootloops on miui logo.
My point in here is, some day this d1 is going to die, whether u like it or not, every dev is getting a cool and faster phone, so they put their hands on in. Is called, learning new things. So in fact, let's keep hoping for a gb mmiui for the d1, but like djcarpenter quoted; what's the whole point of getting that , if it is going to probably drain my battery in 1/2 like any other gb rom does it with my phone, might as well stick it with FRO¥O.

cowsquad

Reaction score
And since I can't edit my post in the DF app for whatever reason, I have to post another.
Personally, I think coupling a ROM that already has a task killer more aggressive than the memory intensive GB is to begin with, with something that uses more memory such as Gingerbread will be twice the beta that the Froyo version ever was simply because anything you attempt to run(music, browser, etc.) will be killed non stop. Not counting all of the other bugs it's already going to have to begin with.

Since u cannot edit ur post lol, well long press on ur post, then click on modify, then edit.. lol giving you a hard time :p

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Gee, how much of what you use the phone for depends on the ROM working with the radio? Calling, texting, and data.
So, pretty much ... all of it.

No they are the same. Aside from different cellular radios, the internal hardwares are the same.
Let me google that for you

They were referring to limited hardware, which on the droid/milestone, boils down to a lack of RAM which both have the same amount of. There is only so much you can do with 256MB. It isn't the Radio that limits what can be done on the device, that is merely a stumbling block when porting.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Earlier I was very unhappy with how my D1 was handeling gingerbread roms, so I made the switch to MIUI. I was on MIUI for about a month and quite happy. I truely LOVE the layout, the UI and some of the bonus features like DND mode and stuff. I am now on CM7 RC4 to see how its going. Actually feel like its pretty darn good so far. No issues like it killing my music app for no reason...

Truthfully I wish that a bunch of good developers would work closly with the MIUI team and creat the ultimate MIUI expirience. I just miss some things like LED settings and stuff... Anway... Soon enough I bet ill be back on MIUI, but I cant wait till bama rocks his MCAT test and ports another version......

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

Since u cannot edit ur post lol, well long press on ur post, then click on modify, then edit.. lol giving you a hard time :p

Haha it wont let me. Every time I've tried editing a post, I press modify and the actions box is empty. You can't even seen what the options are because it isn't even a full box. Idk why it's doing it but I haven't been able to edit a single post.

iamasongnow

Reaction score
It might be nice to see someone really perfect and fine tune froyo miui. Maybe make the launcher and the music app work in landscape orientation. Fix the problem with the font where in the settings the slider thingies (check boxes in regular roms) overlap the text. It seems like every week, with every new release more features are added but the problems aren't really even addressed. Its like every week its a start over.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Earlier I was very unhappy with how my D1 was handeling gingerbread roms, so I made the switch to MIUI. I was on MIUI for about a month and quite happy. I truely LOVE the layout, the UI and some of the bonus features like DND mode and stuff. I am now on CM7 RC4 to see how its going. Actually feel like its pretty darn good so far. No issues like it killing my music app for no reason...

Truthfully I wish that a bunch of good developers would work closly with the MIUI team and creat the ultimate MIUI expirience. I just miss some things like LED settings and stuff... Anway... Soon enough I bet ill be back on MIUI, but I cant wait till bama rocks his MCAT test and ports another version......

Greetings icculusX,

How about porting your Luna theme to Miui? I read the post awhile back where Bama offered to assist you in doing so. I know he’s not available now, but do you think you’ll do it when he’s done with his test and back on the case?

I think your Luna theme would be a HUGE success on Miui. It lends itself to rich theming possibilities. I can only imagine the phenomenal job you’d do; especially since you love it so much. I would love to see that translated into your attention to thoroughly theming it.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I believe his post stemmed from someone saying it shouldn't be that hard to get MIUI 2.3 working on the Droid since the Milestone already has it working. Obviously it's not as easy as they think, even though the hardware is similar. Having a different radio affects a lot of stuff going on in the phone. That's all my point was.

Gee, how much of what you use the phone for depends on the ROM working with the radio? Calling, texting, and data.
So, pretty much ... all of it.

No they are the same. Aside from different cellular radios, the internal hardwares are the same.
Let me google that for you

They were referring to limited hardware, which on the droid/milestone, boils down to a lack of RAM which both have the same amount of. There is only so much you can do with 256MB. It isn't the Radio that limits what can be done on the device, that is merely a stumbling block when porting.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Greetings icculusX,

How about porting your Luna theme to Miui? I read the post awhile back where Bama offered to assist you in doing so. I know he’s not available now, but do you think you’ll do it when he’s done with his test and back on the case?

I think your Luna theme would be a HUGE success on Miui. It lends itself to rich theming possibilities. I can only imagine the phenomenal job you’d do; especially since you love it so much. I would love to see that translated into your attention to thoroughly theming it.

Hey man, thanks. I actually have everyhting set up and ready to begin porting my Luna Theme over, however I am finding myself very busy these days. Also, MIUI has quite a bit of different graphics that I would need to create. Theming takes a lot of effort and time and for me... stress haha... so I actually 'quit' theming so I can focus on my personal art work, which makes me much happier.

I hope that someday I can sit down and get it working, but honestly I feel no inner drive to do so. Maybe as MIUI grows...

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Carpenter
You are completely correct in your observations regarding users behavior in general, when dealing with all customs and developers.
Unfortunately this is human nature when we receive anything for free.
People for some reason, unconsciously get a mindset that they somehow deserve more from the product itself as well as those who made the product.
And further there grows a false sense of entitlement, that oddly does not occur when said thing is purchased. Logically one would think it should be the reverse, but at our core we are illogical emotional animals.
There have been countless studies on this phenomenon, especially in the areas combining sociology, psychology and economics.
It is known as Pricing Theory, and regardless of what the item is, most people will behave as predicted by this theory.
It is actually quite fascinating, as behavior you mentioned is directly addressed.
I can say I have found this theory to be applicable on all levels.
Read some of the comments in the market, and compare how they differ between paid and free.
Notice the venom when an app is only a free trial, and then costs after the trial.
Even when explicitly stated that it is only a trial, the devs them are attacked for being sneaky, or being a scam artist.
Reason being they used it for free and now believe that they have an inherent right to continue to use it for free.
We are complex creatures in a complex world, where common sense and common courtesy are anything but common. And the more we rely on connecting to others virtually and not personally the more coarse we shall become. Evidenced by the way people act in forums and discussion/comments sections. The anonymity provided by a user name and avatar, turns some into complete slime, saying things they would never have the guts to say in person. Opinions are presented as fact. Fact is dismissed by opinion.
These technologies have had the reverse of the intended effect, they have directly caused an overall defilement of humanities abilities to communicate, due to a depersonalization of those we communicate to and with.
You can read about out in my new book, from my Danceswithbongs' Guide Series.
How to Survive Humanities Asspocalypse: Tapping into your inner Fonzie

biodroid

Reaction score
Pricing theory, you mean that the more something costs the better we perceive the value. two bottles of beer, the one that costs more gets us drunk faster!

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Carpenter
You are completely correct in your observations regarding users behavior in general, when dealing with all customs and developers.
Unfortunately this is human nature when we receive anything for free.
People for some reason, unconsciously get a mindset that they somehow deserve more from the product itself as well as those who made the product.
And further there grows a false sense of entitlement, that oddly does not occur when said thing is purchased. Logically one would think it should be the reverse, but at our core we are illogical emotional animals.
There have been countless studies on this phenomenon, especially in the areas combining sociology, psychology and economics.
It is known as Pricing Theory, and regardless of what the item is, most people will behave as predicted by this theory.
It is actually quite fascinating, as behavior you mentioned is directly addressed.
I can say I have found this theory to be applicable on all levels.
Read some of the comments in the market, and compare how they differ between paid and free.
Notice the venom when an app is only a free trial, and then costs after the trial.
Even when explicitly stated that it is only a trial, the devs them are attacked for being sneaky, or being a scam artist.
Reason being they used it for free and now believe that they have an inherent right to continue to use it for free.
We are complex creatures in a complex world, where common sense and common courtesy are anything but common. And the more we rely on connecting to others virtually and not personally the more coarse we shall become. Evidenced by the way people act in forums and discussion/comments sections. The anonymity provided by a user name and avatar, turns some into complete slime, saying things they would never have the guts to say in person. Opinions are presented as fact. Fact is dismissed by opinion.
These technologies have had the reverse of the intended effect, they have directly caused an overall defilement of humanities abilities to communicate, due to a depersonalization of those we communicate to and with.
You can read about out in my new book, from my Danceswithbongs' Guide Series.
How to Survive Humanities Asspocalypse: Tapping into your inner Fonzie
Dude that is some heavy stuff there , you sure your ora was aligned correctly when you wrote this . :)
Watch how the calm erupts when questioned , they are superior to us and a deemed so through meditation . :)
If you look for the bad you will find it , seek the good and you shall see !dancedroid

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Bio
That is one of the major parts of pricing theory, perceived value.
But the theory is filled with a number of stand alone concepts explaining specific impact of pricing on a number of human variables and behaviors.

As to this being heavy, that reminded me of the movie back to the future.
Marty used the word heavy like you, and Doc Brown finally asks, "Marty, in the future, has there been a change in the Earth's gravitational forces?"
LOL

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs