wow, this phone is data heavy

Signum

Reaction score
just looked at my bill for shiggles.

1.15gb of data used last cycle...and i wasnt even trying lol.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Yea, I've always said I live a pretty data intensive lifestyle although when I say that my wife has no idea what I'm talking about and just calls me a nerd. To which I agree, of course.

I don't even know why they offer a less than unlimited data plan for this, that would be like governing a ferrari at 60 mph.

choklitcow

Reaction score
I don't even know why they offer a less than unlimited data plan for this.

They don't as of the recent changes for this very reason. Anything in the smartphone category has to purchase the "unlimited" where as pretty much every other phone that would be found as "new" in a verizon store requires the 9.99 at minimum which sucks.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I've been downloading apps left & right, browsing the web, checking facebook a LOT more than I used to, showing youtube vids to everyone at work, etc...

I'm only at 241mb.

Ainvar

Reaction score
Last billing cycle I used a little over 8 gigs. This does include listening to Pandora on my trip to work and back M-F @ about 45-90 minutes each trip depending on DC traffic.

I also listen to Pandora while at work some days also.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
just looked at my bill for shiggles.

1.15gb of data used last cycle...and i wasnt even trying lol.

You and I seem to have the opposite reactions. I ended my cycle with 1.5 gb used. My reaction: "Man, I don't think I could hit that non-existent 5 GB figure if I tried."

I purposely use 3G instead of wi-fi on my phone even when faster wi-fi is present, simply because of the novelty of it. And even using my phone as much as I do, I haven't passed 1.5 gigs. :)

Magdroid

Reaction score
I use more Data than I did with my Blackbery because...well, this phone doesn't take a half hour to load a webpage. The BB took way too long, I would just put it back in my pocket. With this, I can actually SURF the web!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use more Data than I did with my Blackbery because...well, this phone doesn't take a half hour to load a webpage. The BB took way too long, I would just put it back in my pocket. With this, I can actually SURF the web!

+1

I was the same exact way with my blackberry

Droidfish

Reaction score
With Pandora, iMusic, and Music Junk I get into the Muli-Gig category very easily.

Plus I'm rooted and download alot of roms and rom-updates straight to my droid.

And every now and then I'll use Wifi Tether to hook my laptop up to the web. Though I find myself using my laptop a lot less since I bought my droid.

....And all these things plus others at THE SAME TIME. Can any apple fanboy say that? Huh Luke Wilson, Huh?!?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Been at about 3.5 to 4gb per month so far myself...:motdroidhoriz:

bastosero

Reaction score
Just think when we all get 4G on a next generation Droid! I realized that the faster speeds I get, I tend to download more and more. LOL

Big Cam

Reaction score
I average at minimum 2 gigs a month, usually more, but who cares, its unlimited for a reason.