Wow, so I got my new Droid today..

OP
A

Ataranine

Reaction score
Wow so I've been using the replacement they sent me while I'm waiting for my OTHER replacement, I see why it was sent back.

Other than the screen being loose and wobbly, the four capacitive buttons on the bottom light up by themselves and STAY lit up. That's probably why my battery life has been crappy. Awesome. And every now and then I'll see them flash on and off quickly.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Don't expect verizon to give you a Droid X, but do expect them to give you a Droid 2. I got a crappy replacement D1 before and now they're sending me a new D2. Good luck

Detonation

Reaction score
They're sending me another ****ING REPLACEMENT.
I demanded a new phone and he dicked around and told me some crap about how he can't do that because it's insured with the MANUFACTURER and not Verizon or some crap.

Wow. I'm pissed..he's making the store closest to me ORDER ONE to send to me. I've never been screwed so hard by Verizon in my life.

How were you screwed? You bought a Droid 1. You are entitled to nothing other than a Droid 1 as a replacement.

OP
A

Ataranine

Reaction score
I demanded a new phone and he dicked around and told me some crap about how he can't do that because it's insured with the MANUFACTURER and not Verizon or some crap.

Wow. I'm pissed..he's making the store closest to me ORDER ONE to send to me. I've never been screwed so hard by Verizon in my life.

How were you screwed? You bought a Droid 1. You are entitled to nothing other than a Droid 1 as a replacement.
Good thing you're not working for them.
I've been through 4 of them. I'm entitled to a new phone after number 3; the manager of the corporate store I go to told me this, and it's also how I got my Droid Eris back when it came out.

Last edited:

Droid101

Reaction score

Do remember it isn't verizon who owns the insuron. But as for a manufacturers warranty a D2 or X as a replacement is very unlikely with a manufacturers warranty. If anyone got one with a manufacturers warranty then you are very lucky. Insuron gives anything out it seems lol. but the new phone is overnight so it wont take long to get there:) Although if mine didn't work I would want it the same day:biggrin:

iPirate

Reaction score
It seems like you take a huge risk trying to get a D2 by saying your phone is "broken"

They will send you D1s for weeks and you get to have a ****ty refurbished phone that has 10 times more problems than the one you returned, until, finally one day you might get the right guy on the phone and the stars and moons are all aligned and the temperature of the guy's coffee is just perfect; then he offers to send you a D2.

Three weeks later you get a refurbished D1 in the mail.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I got a nice brand new shiny Droid 2 as a replacement yesterday and I've got to say I love this phone! The right person on the phone at Verizon was wonderful to work with. I am very happy with Verizon.

I loved my Droid 1 but gotta admit the Droid 2 is MUCH better!

I hope it works out for you in the end!

jr313

Reaction score
Ok evrybody yesterday i went to verizon for a warranty replacement due to my keyboard peeling up from the buttons, its bubbled up and when i type it misses the letter im trying to push its popped up on my left side of the keyboard, it actually touches my slider...the rep said that this has happenedto some droids and that they will be sending me out a new one i should recieve it by wednesday...i hope i dont get one of those janky refurbs..if i do i can just send it right back or should i take it to the verizon store and complain? i dont have as of yet and i will definately keep yous posted on what i do recieve from them....HOPEFULLY a D2 but im not gna hold my breath...

Droid101

Reaction score
Ok evrybody yesterday i went to verizon for a warranty replacement due to my keyboard peeling up from the buttons, its bubbled up and when i type it misses the letter im trying to push its popped up on my left side of the keyboard, it actually touches my slider...the rep said that this has happenedto some droids and that they will be sending me out a new one i should recieve it by wednesday...i hope i dont get one of those janky refurbs..if i do i can just send it right back or should i take it to the verizon store and complain? i dont have as of yet and i will definately keep yous posted on what i do recieve from them....HOPEFULLY a D2 but im not gna hold my breath...

It ll be a Droid 1. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do about it. Verizon wont replace your new replacement unless there is something wrong with it. If they did start giving out D2 then I would definitely jump on that:)

OP
A

Ataranine

Reaction score
At this point I don't really care anymore. I'm getting a Droid X soon. Verizon can keep sending me crappy Droid 1s if they want. Next time I'm going to the store and talking to a supervisor.