Wow, so I got my new Droid today..

Ataranine

Reaction score
It was a Droid 1, of course..

Right out of the box it has a lopsided slider, nasty purple hue over the capacitive buttons on the front, and a weak vibration function.
The power button doesn't even work right..
Should I call them and raise hell again? This is unacceptable..

EDIT: just now finding out also, the WiFi doesn't seem to be working.
This is also my third one.

Last edited:

Panamakevin

Reaction score
if they gave you an X i would be amazed but a D2 is highly possible, thats what i got as my replacement... and I hear alot of others saying the same...

OP
A

Ataranine

Reaction score
They're sending me another ****ING REPLACEMENT.
I demanded a new phone and he dicked around and told me some crap about how he can't do that because it's insured with the MANUFACTURER and not Verizon or some crap.

Wow. I'm pissed..he's making the store closest to me ORDER ONE to send to me. I've never been screwed so hard by Verizon in my life.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I demanded a new phone and he dicked around and told me some crap about how he can't do that because it's insured with the MANUFACTURER and not Verizon or some crap.

Wow. I'm pissed..he's making the store closest to me ORDER ONE to send to me. I've never been screwed so hard by Verizon in my life.

I would just cross your fingers... alot of people were told they weren't getting a droid2 and then ended up receiving one... even those who argued relentlessly with Verizon and in the end were told they were getting a still droid1 and yet got the D2

keiichi25

Reaction score
At this point, I would go to one of the stores and talk with the manager. The person on the phone didn't exactly handle the situation to your satisfaction and the fact that the phone you have sounds refurbished... This is presuming you ordered a new phone, not a replacement. In either case, the manager should see what he or she can do to satisfy your issues.

OP
A

Ataranine

Reaction score

I would just cross your fingers... alot of people were told they weren't getting a droid2 and then ended up receiving one... even those who argued relentlessly with Verizon and in the end were told they were getting a still droid1 and yet got the D2
He made it very clear it was gonna be a certified like new replacement, like the lady did yesterday..I guess when I get the email with the shipment number I'll type it in FedEx and see if it's more than a lb...if it's not I'm going to assume it is a Droid 1 like I was correct in assuming yesterday about the last shipment.

This is ridiculous though... if I don't get a Droid 2 I AT LEAST want a Droid 1 that works correctly..

At this point, I would go to one of the stores and talk with the manager. The person on the phone didn't exactly handle the situation to your satisfaction and the fact that the phone you have sounds refurbished... This is presuming you ordered a new phone, not a replacement. In either case, the manager should see what he or she can do to satisfy your issues.
I'll be doing just that if the new one I get has any issues.

icebluemale30

Reaction score

He made it very clear it was gonna be a certified like new replacement, like the lady did yesterday..I guess when I get the email with the shipment number I'll type it in FedEx and see if it's more than a lb...if it's not I'm going to assume it is a Droid 1 like I was correct in assuming yesterday about the last shipment.

This is ridiculous though... if I don't get a Droid 2 I AT LEAST want a Droid 1 that works correctly..

I'll be doing just that if the new one I get has any issues.

yeah well good luck with that i ordered my replacement droid 2 days ago hoping it would be a droid 2 but it came yesterday and i got a droid 1 now that one had a headphone jack problem called Verizon and they overnighted me a new one again just called home wife said its a droid 1 again ......bummer big disappointment
My hopes to get a droid 2 are officially over ....

Last edited:

msu

Reaction score
so you guys are doing this through Verizon and not Asurion right?

msu

Reaction score
Just wondering. I thought only Asurion had the D1's left and not Verizon. I'm going to go to a store where my buddy works when he gets back next week and claim mine on warranty.