Wow..really? Nazi Wallpapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbg25

Reaction score
I just downloaded the latest MIUI ROM yesterday and have been quickly finding it to be a new favorite.

But I just got a total shock. Flipping through the MIUI Online Wallpapers I come across one by HalaChelsea that is labeled A1 that is the Nazi Eagle clutch a swastika. I know this is not put there by the devs....but I am surprised they allow it to stay. I dont know what is worse that the devs dont care or that there are still people out there that would actually want to use this wallpaper.

Trying not to let this effect my feelings towards this ROM...but hate is hate. And anyplace that tolerates hate is not a place I want to be.

mjh68

Reaction score
Huh, never noticed it. They load so slow that I guess I didn't see it. I scrolled through them mostly looking for something that caught my eye and that didn't . I doubt they really have much to do with the content and It must change frequently as users add to it. What is up with all the Michael Jackson wallpapers ? that is disturbing ..Tried looking for it, but gave up since they load so slow... but does sound offensive if you get offended by stuff you come across online.

Last edited:

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
and how are these devs suppose to control the online miui database? im sure that is from the creators and unless we boycott miui all together, it aint changing. i cant seem to care. if it offends u, dont use it or look at it. our miui devs didnt add it nor can they remove it.

leonozug

Reaction score
I think those online Miui wallpapers are pulled from a database that ramdomly pops up various pics....not sure they are actually controlled by the Miui devs...I mean the tons of Michael Jackson wallpapers? Weird, but really, I think they are all pulled from random databases in China. Anything could pop up.

him

Reaction score
Welcome to the world wide web. Home of everything offensive, vulgar, and down right disgusting. One of the not so cool things about the web. Just have to ignore it. Things like this wont go away but if you pay attention you will be one angry individual. Cant blame devs any more than you can blame google for allowing nazi videos on youtube.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
ok...first of all guys...I specifically said that I did not blame the Devs so back off (Mod Edit). From the reaction of a couple of you ... it is no wonder this world sucks so much.

As for no control? Somehow I doubt that. I accept everything else you guys say. Random pics pulled from database. uploaded by others and too many for them to monitor everyone themselves. But cant remove...really? Its China man...there are controls everywhere that censer everything.

I wonder if any of you who just essentially ripped me for pointing out something horrible...would have reacted the same way if it was a black man hanging from a noose...or jesus laying naked with another man (ok that is a reach...but there are not many anit-christian hate images out there).

I never said I would stop and I never asked for a call to action or for you to stop using because I was offended...just that I was shocked and it sorta colored my opinion of the people who were in charge if the did not care.

OH...and if it is so impossible to control...how come there are no Nazi, or any other hate images on Zedge, Backgrouds, or any of the other apps from the US that manage wallpapers via an online database of images submitted by people.

I guess it was too much to think people might care and someone in contact with the Devs would notify. I am willing to bet they have total control over THEIR image database...but might not have the time to monitor each and every image uploaded every day since they must spend most of their time on the ROM. I would be shocked if Jamezelle or Zenulator could not contact the person in charge of the database and have it removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
and how are these devs suppose to control the online miui database? im sure that is from the creators and unless we boycott miui all together, it aint changing. i cant seem to care. if it offends u, dont use it or look at it. our miui devs didnt add it nor can they remove it.

Which is is? First you say you are sure it is from the creators and we need to boycott for removal. Then you say they did not add and cannot remove.

HarshReality

Reaction score
Im reminded of the old movie "An American President"..
[video=youtube;mWRVbWMvi7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRVbWMvi7c"]Link[/video]

Bottom line.. If the wallaper is offensive you have the right to not use it or dump the ROM altogether. IF th ROM is dumped or removed for that wallpaper then its no different than the segregation that the wallpaper is a 'classic' symbol of.

If you want freedom TRUE FREEDOM then you not only respect your right to walk away but the rights of others to express their opinions or views. You are in fact using only one interpretation of its meaning. I dont think these forums should tackle that particular 'issue' and place themselves on one side or the other as its a double edged sword.

Quote:
What Does the Swastika Mean Now?

There is a great debate as to what the swastika means now. For 3,000 years, the swastika meant life and good luck. But because of the Nazis, it has also taken on a meaning of death and hate.

These conflicting meanings are causing problems in today's society. For Buddhists and Hindus, the swastika is a very religious symbol that is commonly used. Chirag Badlani shares a story about one time when he went to make some photocopies of some Hindu Gods for his temple. While standing in line to pay for the photocopies, some people behind him in line noticed that one of the pictures had a swastika. They called him a Nazi.

Unfortunately, the Nazis were so effective at their use of the swastika emblem, that many do not even know any other meaning for the swastika. Can there be two completely opposite meanings for one symbol?

Provided from: The History of the Swastika

On a side note and Im really NOT stereotyping.. Are you one of those guys who stared at the little mermaid VHS cover until you saw that thing and wanted it changed? The system is as it is to accomodate everybody.. it isnt perfect but it does work :)

*Climbs down off soapbox

Last edited:

bigdaddy2009

Reaction score
Stopped me from using it. Switched once i found it. They control of the database they made. Some of you need a brain. Unless they just let some random database control everything, which would still make me switch.

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
calm it down and keep it polite here.

Anathema

Reaction score
And in my opinion the people who get offended are just as bad as the offenders when it comes to something like this.

It's not like you have to use it, and I'm sure (hope) that the majority of people don't use it.

Do you get pissed off at your internet provider if you see something like that on the internet? I doubt it.

Shrug it off and move along.

censorship (especially in media) is never a good thing. Once you start banning certain things, it never stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.