WOW, just WOW...

Discussion in 'Tech News' started by FoxKat, Jul 6, 2015.

1. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    To all DroidForums members and staff...

I wanted to make an announcement on behalf of a very esteemed member of our staff.

@pc747 has been a member of the DroidForums since December 24th of 2009. For those who don't know, that's only a very short timeframe from when the forum started. The earliest I can find record of a beginning is October 20, 2009, but perhaps one or another of the long standing members could lend their wisdom and clarity to the true beginning of DroidForums.

@pc747[/USER] has been a ROCK for this forum since first starting, and is one of our esteemed Administrators. He has been there through all the various iterations of Android phones, and then the Phablets, Tablets, USB dongles and all the newest variations of devices that now are sporting the Android operating system.

To say that he's been a helpful and supporting member is like calling Mount Everest a pile of dirt and rocks. @pc747 has been a voice of reason, a tremendous support to the staff and members alike, and has also done more than his fair share of providing personal advice and support to help other members and staff through tough times in their own personal lives as well.

@pc747 has been a HUGE driving force in this forum and it owes a large part of its success to his undying and broad brushstroke support and contributions. You will see him in many threads across the gamut of subforums from phones that he's familiar with, to those he's not, and from devices of other kinds as well, to the news section where he's been a very popular and large contributor as well.

Why am I highlighting him, you may ask? Well, silently, and without fanfare he passed 20,000 posts yesterday.

To put that in perspective, he started on the eve of Christmas in 2009. That was 2,020 days ago yesterday (almost exactly 2,000 days...). To accomplish 20,000 posts in that timeframe one would have to post no less than 9.9 messages every day, non-stop for that entire 2,020 days. That's in itself an amazing accomplishment, but consider that means not ONE day missed, not a holiday, birthday, in sickness and in health, or you have to add to the number of posts per day for the others. I believe it's safe to say that he's maintained an average of over 10 posts per day for this 5.5 years and has taken maybe 20 days off! LOL

True to his performance history, he's already 8 over postings since passing the 20,000 mark yesterday evening.

I wish to have everyone give @pc747 a warm hello, and thank him for his undying support because it's you that he's here for. I would like to be the first to congratulate him and welcome him into my own personal Hall of Fame for the forum (though he's been a member of that standing IMHO since I've become a member myself.)

Please take a moment everyone and let him know how much you appreciate his incredible support and contributions.

Bravo, @pc747

:)

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,128
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    @pc747... we are fortunate to have ya with us all these years and a pleasure to see all your contributions... Always great being on staff with you across the different forums.. And your valuable posts.. treads.. comments..

Here's to 30000! Keep em coming..

Z3+ Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,396
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    What can I say man? We've come a long way from the days of starting a conversation about an idea of some sort of Rescue Squad. I took some serious time off from the forum, but @pc747 was always sure to send me a Hangouts message or something once in a while to see how things were going and how I was doing. That meant a lot, to know that my presence might actually be missed, even if by just one person here.

You offer plenty of valuable insights and opinions and keep us all informed and entertained. Great work sir! It's been a pleasure calling you a "digital" friend over these years, whether we spoke every day or every few months.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,367
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    Wow is right! 20,000 is pretty awesome. Good job @pc747 . Looking forward to reading 20,000 more posts with excellent ideas, reviews, thoughts, help, suggestions, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  5. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,707
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Well done PC747!
    Funny thing is.....he mentioned about a month ago that he wouldn't be around much due to work and moving, but I'm telling you, the man hasn't missed a beat during this whole time! Now THAT my friends, is some serious dedication. You've done such an amazing job with all the various threads you've posted, and help you've provided, not only over the years, but during such a busy & stressful move to a new city/state.

Well done sir! We can only hope to strive for such a high level of professionalism and dedication that you provide both our members & this forum.
    Thank you @pc747

and thank you @FoxKat for informing us of this great milestone.

S5 tap'n

#5 cr6, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  6. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Man that's a ton of posts, for sure.... Well done @pc747

• Like Like x 5
  7. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    Congratulations PC! A great achievement my friend! :)

sent from my Note ll using Magic

• Like Like x 5
  8. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    20,000..awesome.. Congrats @pc747

• Like Like x 3
  9. thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +724
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    @nickburress2k2
    Daaaaaaaaaaang. That's a lot of posts, @pc747!

• Like Like x 3
  10. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,530
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I'm just seeing this??? Grr..anyhow .well done @pc747. You've been a constant on here when many have come and gone and came back...its awesome that the team always seems to come back..and its even more awesome that you're always around...keep it up sir...

• Like Like x 3
  11. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Well done and keep it up @pc747

Crazy to see how much the forum has changed and you've been there every step of the way. Well deserved recognition.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Efin

Efin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,652
    That's great, PC you have definitely been a great voice of reason here and on other forums as well.

• Like Like x 2