WOW, just WOW...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
To all DroidForums members and staff...

I wanted to make an announcement on behalf of a very esteemed member of our staff.

@pc747 has been a member of the DroidForums since December 24th of 2009. For those who don't know, that's only a very short timeframe from when the forum started. The earliest I can find record of a beginning is October 20, 2009, but perhaps one or another of the long standing members could lend their wisdom and clarity to the true beginning of DroidForums.

@pc747[/USER] has been a ROCK for this forum since first starting, and is one of our esteemed Administrators. He has been there through all the various iterations of Android phones, and then the Phablets, Tablets, USB dongles and all the newest variations of devices that now are sporting the Android operating system.

To say that he's been a helpful and supporting member is like calling Mount Everest a pile of dirt and rocks. @pc747 has been a voice of reason, a tremendous support to the staff and members alike, and has also done more than his fair share of providing personal advice and support to help other members and staff through tough times in their own personal lives as well.

@pc747 has been a HUGE driving force in this forum and it owes a large part of its success to his undying and broad brushstroke support and contributions. You will see him in many threads across the gamut of subforums from phones that he's familiar with, to those he's not, and from devices of other kinds as well, to the news section where he's been a very popular and large contributor as well.

Why am I highlighting him, you may ask? Well, silently, and without fanfare he passed 20,000 posts yesterday.

To put that in perspective, he started on the eve of Christmas in 2009. That was 2,020 days ago yesterday (almost exactly 2,000 days...). To accomplish 20,000 posts in that timeframe one would have to post no less than 9.9 messages every day, non-stop for that entire 2,020 days. That's in itself an amazing accomplishment, but consider that means not ONE day missed, not a holiday, birthday, in sickness and in health, or you have to add to the number of posts per day for the others. I believe it's safe to say that he's maintained an average of over 10 posts per day for this 5.5 years and has taken maybe 20 days off! LOL

True to his performance history, he's already 8 over postings since passing the 20,000 mark yesterday evening.

I wish to have everyone give @pc747 a warm hello, and thank him for his undying support because it's you that he's here for. I would like to be the first to congratulate him and welcome him into my own personal Hall of Fame for the forum (though he's been a member of that standing IMHO since I've become a member myself.)

Please take a moment everyone and let him know how much you appreciate his incredible support and contributions.

Bravo, @pc747

:)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@pc747... we are fortunate to have ya with us all these years and a pleasure to see all your contributions... Always great being on staff with you across the different forums.. And your valuable posts.. treads.. comments..

Here's to 30000! Keep em coming..

Z3+ Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What can I say man? We've come a long way from the days of starting a conversation about an idea of some sort of Rescue Squad. I took some serious time off from the forum, but @pc747 was always sure to send me a Hangouts message or something once in a while to see how things were going and how I was doing. That meant a lot, to know that my presence might actually be missed, even if by just one person here.

You offer plenty of valuable insights and opinions and keep us all informed and entertained. Great work sir! It's been a pleasure calling you a "digital" friend over these years, whether we spoke every day or every few months.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wow is right! 20,000 is pretty awesome. Good job @pc747 . Looking forward to reading 20,000 more posts with excellent ideas, reviews, thoughts, help, suggestions, etc.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Well done PC747!
Funny thing is.....he mentioned about a month ago that he wouldn't be around much due to work and moving, but I'm telling you, the man hasn't missed a beat during this whole time! Now THAT my friends, is some serious dedication. You've done such an amazing job with all the various threads you've posted, and help you've provided, not only over the years, but during such a busy & stressful move to a new city/state.

Well done sir! We can only hope to strive for such a high level of professionalism and dedication that you provide both our members & this forum.
Thank you @pc747

and thank you @FoxKat for informing us of this great milestone.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm just seeing this??? Grr..anyhow .well done @pc747. You've been a constant on here when many have come and gone and came back...its awesome that the team always seems to come back..and its even more awesome that you're always around...keep it up sir...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well done and keep it up @pc747

Crazy to see how much the forum has changed and you've been there every step of the way. Well deserved recognition.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's great, PC you have definitely been a great voice of reason here and on other forums as well.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
@pc747... we are fortunate to have ya with us all these years and a pleasure to see all your contributions... Always great being on staff with you across the different forums.. And your valuable posts.. treads.. comments..

Here's to 30000! Keep em coming..

Z3+ Tapatalk

That's great, PC you have definitely been a great voice of reason here and on other forums as well.
You know, you both brought a good point to light. He's not only [hyper]active here but also devotes time on other forums as well, making this milestone even more impressive.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, that is truly amazing @pc747. Thanks for everything you do for all of us and for DF. There are some great Android forums out there but DF will always be #1 for me (and many others). Pc747 has been a driving force in making DF the outstanding forum it is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk