WOW Iphone just set a record in Verizon!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by knighthonor, Feb 5, 2011.

1. knighthonor

knighthonor Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. cambrosio

cambrosio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, they sold out fast. I personally don't see the appeal of the iPhone, but it doesn't surprise me that they went that quickly. I think that the Android will give the iPhone a run for it's money for a long time though.

3. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That is AWESOME....and it will be replace in less than 6 months with the new Iphone....wow....lots of people thinking this through huh?

4. cambrosio

cambrosio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The quick turnaround for the Iphones coming out one after another after another is a big part of why there's no appeal to me

5. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I hear that. I don't like iphone's. I almost got one but then I stopped at the VZW store and played with one of the reps Droids.....never looked back. In fact I have converted 4 now....4 iphone owners to Android owners....it's really not that difficult.

6. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This doesn't make sense... don't you use android? Apple released 1 phone last year... Motorola released atleast 7 android devices on Verizon alone last year. Devour, X, D2 (and R2D2), D2G, DroidPro, Citrus.

Also, if you buy an iPhone you are guaranteed to get support for the full 2 years... you will have the newest OS and all. With android, you may never get an upgrade. (Looks at Devour and Cliq)

7. cambrosio

cambrosio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I mean on a particular handset. To me if i'm going to pay that much for a phone I want it to be around for a bit before they release an upgraded version of said phone. It would irritate me in a very big way if I bought the iphone 4 on vzw and then within a year the iphone 5 came out.

Yes I use Android now, and I know that they release a ton of android devices, but with so many different ones out there I was able to pick the one that suited me. With the iphone I feel like they are beating a dead horse. (I know my thinking doesn't make sense to all; but it makes sense to me.)

8. regkilla

regkilla Member

Ratings:
    +1
    impressive

9. d3vilfish

d3vilfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I wouldn't. Own an iphone for one reason. Apples app approval crap. Basically I bought the phone let me decide what apps I want to put on it. Not what apple finds should be put on it.

the devil made me do it

10. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    while i dont think really anyone here agree's with job's way of telling everyone what they want by only offering one product they do have a good schedule set up

1. late spring/summer new iphone and ios version drop - this is when you buy your phone
    2. 1 year later system repeats with new phone and ios version - you are able to update to new ios version
    3. 2 years after phone purchase new phone and ios version drop - your phone is not guaranteed to update to new ios version but your contract is up so you get the new phone with the new ios
    4. continue to repeat cycle

oh and btw, droid1 released nov 9th 2009 if i remember correctly and the droid2 released august 12th 2010 i believe which if you realize are 9 months apart....

im glad apple is selling well on verizon, means more competition to push android and google harder to develop more quality software that outshines iOS. its been proven in other countries where the iphone is already on more then one carrier and android still has more sales

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  11. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I heard they sold around 100k from some analysts

12. rebrn

rebrn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is the thing with the iPhone they missed the boat with a lot of people, not just the VZW users but all the other networks as well. Many people are ticked off that they were only available on one network and don’t want to be bothered with them now. I bought a Droid because I could not get an iPhone on VZW and did not want to switch to AT&T. Now does that mean I don't love my Droid - of course not. But it also doesn't mean I won't consider the iPhone with my next update. I am not an iPhone hater, I am glad it finally went to another network, any network for competition sake (even better that it went to my network) but I do love the Android system. There is good and bad things on both platforms. Having the iPhone on VZW just gives me another option when I upgrade in December. But it doesn't mean I will get an iPhone just to have an iPhone, after all the android phones (at least as far I can tell) can do everything the iPhone can do, and there are tons of app for android so I just don't see a difference other than the name.

On the other hand there are lots of people like my husband who refuse to buy an iPhone now. He was due for an update in January, now he could have waited until Feb. to get an iPhone, but his response was simply WHY? His opinion was the droid was just as good, maybe even better. So why buy into the hype of the iPhone just because it is finally available on another network. To quote him “that ship has sailed now that Android has taken off”.

Both the android phones and the iPhones come out with updates (or different models in the case of Android) quite frequently, more frequently than most carriers allow discounted updates. Regardless of which phone you get, there will be an update (ios or model) within 6 months (or less) of you purchasing the phone. So the bottom line is simply this - do you prefer Android or iPhone? There are some people who will want an iPhone just to say they have one, while others will be adamantly against the iPhone because it was proprietary for so long. In my house, iPhone missed the boat. They took too long to open up to another network (VZW to be specific) and as a result we found another Smartphone that is just as good - that would be Android.