WOW...I hope that logging to this forum is not an intelligence test

loop4zil

Reaction score
cause if it is...I failed!

I had to down load an entirely new browser just to get a log in. What on earth happened?

I must have deleted cookies and history and everything else a MILLION times.

Anyway...glad I am back

Tegamal

Reaction score
Likewise! I can't login with Firefox, even after resetting my password several times!

I hate IE, but it's all I can log in with right now. We can't be the only ones!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
did you guys try navigating to the mobile site m.droidforums.net on your desktop browser. I was able to login and switch back to normal view without any problems. Took me like 3 seconds.

J

JohnDroid

Guys, I know it feels like you deleted the cookies 1,000,000 times, but some step must have been missed or it would work.

Obviously the site lets you in on one browser, so the site, the username, the password all work.

However, your browser is still storing an old cookie and thus, not letting you log in.

You need to get those cookies out.

Dan just had to do the same thing, delete cookies, close program, restart and then it worked.

I dont' know how to put this gently or PC, but most of the people who deleted their cookies must not be doing it or it would be fixing it.

RoLa

Reaction score
...it took me 5 or 6 tries last night to clear my cookies...You wanna know the funny story behind this? MINE WASN'T BROKE!!!! I did it as a safety precaution as I seen people having issues with logging in...I'm So stupid:mad: oh well.......... fixed now....

Last edited:

Kmart95

Reaction score
Likewise! I can't login with Firefox, even after resetting my password several times!

you need to delete your cookies on fire fox, idk for sure but i think that there is a post on this on the main page
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
loop4zil

loop4zil

Reaction score

I just gave up with Ie and FF...and downloaded chrome. That shows you what a junky I am.

The internets has done baffled me

OP
loop4zil

loop4zil

Reaction score
Guys, I know it feels like you deleted the cookies 1,000,000 times, but some step must have been missed or it would work.

Obviously the site lets you in on one browser, so the site, the username, the password all work.

However, your browser is still storing an old cookie and thus, not letting you log in.

You need to get those cookies out.

Dan just had to do the same thing, delete cookies, close program, restart and then it worked.

I dont' know how to put this gently or PC, but most of the people who deleted their cookies must not be doing it or it would be fixing it.

Oh I have no doubt it was user error. I wanted to punch myself in the face...but I did not.

Tegamal

Reaction score
What's funny is last night I couldn't log into the mobile site on my phone, either, so I thought it was a forum issue.

EDIT: Just tried again, still no luck. Keep getting this:

You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

Reset the password a few times too.

Last edited:

nolanandy

Reaction score
I can't login thru firefox either, and I deleted my cookie many many times. IE works for me now.

REMilk

Reaction score
CCCleaner

DoidJohn, a moderator, suggested that I use CCcleaner to remove all cookies. I was unable to access the site with Firefox or Chrome, even after deleting all cookies, temp/cache files, etc., and uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and Chrome.

I downloaded, installed, and ran CCcleaner, then I could log in with all browsers with my new credentials.

CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

This is based on my experience, yours may vary.

iPirate

Reaction score
I had a lot of problems too. I don't like to clear my cookies because I am logged into other sites and like to keep some of that information etc...

I used Google chrome's incognito window to log in and correct my password. So logging in worked fine for me.

Then I went back to firefox, found the cookie for droidfourms deleted it and restarted firefox. It worked.

I hope in the future there is a better way or this isn't required of us lol

SGTiger

Reaction score
I could only go back to using Chrome with this website by manually deleting cookies. Using Chrome to delete the cookies would not resolve it. I had to quit out of Chrome and go to the following folder (but instead of xxxxxx, it will be your login name):

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

and delete the file called Cookies.

Only then could I login to this forum. For the noobs, please understand that if you don't see the folder above, you will need to go to folder options and enable viewing of hidden files and folders.

Last edited: