WOW! Easy, but, still need help

h2on0

Reaction score
OK, I used this guide http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...asy-guide-rooting-backup-rom-flashing-d2.html to root and load libertygb.8 on my phone. bought the tool box pro, oc tool and the bootloader from the market.

I was able to load the new market app., eventually, figured out I had to mount first in clockwork and it worked right away.

I figured out how to get all my contacts onto the phone by synching them with my gmail account.

However, I can't get the lgb.9 to work from the toolbox. Are there anyspecial settings that need to be enabled prior to using the rom installer from the tool box. Is there somewhere on my sdcard that lgb.9 rom is saved so I could just go into clockwork and install it that way?

I am having a blast playing with this thing. I might just go blind.

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
yes, you can boot into recovery and install from sd. it is saved in sdcard/Liberty/Nightlies

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
if you cancelled the download in the middle of it downloading you have to go into you sd card and delete that unfished one b4 it will download again but if was complete then you can install threw clockwork

OP
H

h2on0

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but I'm not able to dot it. The nightlies folder is under rom toolbox and it is empty the download folder in liberty is empty, no nightlies folder. I deleted and redownloaded .9. I also factory reset/wipe and reinstalled .8 and tried to download and install again. Annoying I can't figure it out. Oh well I'm just going to enjoy .8. It works great have all my apps on it and working.
Thanks again I appreciate your help.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rename the Liberty ROM file with a .zip at the end. Then boot into Clockwork recovery and flash it manually.

CM74DX

OP
H

h2on0

Reaction score
The file that downloaded is named IEoxVK

Rename it IEoxVK.zip?

Do I have the right file?

I just installed the articslice theme. really cool.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That should be it. They have some weird names.

CM74DX

OP
H

h2on0

Reaction score
ok Im a gonna give it a go

Well it worked. now to load artic slice and the new market. Test out napster and netflix and hbogo. We'll see what happens.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
H

h2on0

Reaction score
Everything works, I do get the force close on start up from the swype keyboard. I am using swiftkey x though. Anyway just to remove swype?