WOW! Been stuck on 3g for 2 days now

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Is it software, hardware, or Verizon ?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

scdown

Reaction score
There has been a 4g outage in the last couple of days.

Problem is, VZW isn't completely aware of it, or anything else for that matter. Called in this morning, because I'm not even getting 3G, asked if there was still an outage, was told definitively no as of 10AM MDT. They had me do airplane mode/battery pull/turn off airplane mode, then a factory reset, then told me they shouldn't have told me to do that, then there's a known problem, then perhaps I should take it into the store for a new SIM or a replacement phone...

And to add insult to injury, the phone has started randomly rebooting, which it has not done before.

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
In Cleveland, OH area?
I was thinking Verizon was capping me anyways even though I'm grandfathered in. Today is my last billing cycle day and my data is currently 1.34gb. Hmm

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
In Cleveland, OH area?
I was thinking Verizon was capping me anyways even though I'm grandfathered in. Today is my last billing cycle day and my data is currently 1.34gb. Hmm

I'm over 5gb this month. They aren't throttling you for under 2gb.

I didn't have 4g for most if yesterday, I do today. Try a reboot or airplane switch.

scdown

Reaction score

I didn't have 4g for most if yesterday, I do today. Try a reboot or airplane switch.

I think the 4G problems were/are persisting in some areas - airplane switch didn't work for me in Denver, then they had me do a factory reset which also didn't work. It just came back about 5 minutes ago.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I think the 4G problems were/are persisting in some areas - airplane switch didn't work for me in Denver, then they had me do a factory reset which also didn't work. It just came back about 5 minutes ago.

We are in the same area though and I have 4g.

I hate that factory reset is their go to solution for everything. Stupid helpless desk mentality.

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Could my wireless router at home be screwing things up??? My internet at home got reeeaaaalll slow past 2 days. I ask because everytime I bring my phone by my router I can hear s buzzing through my speakers from my desktop.

malicious_a

Reaction score
Could my wireless router at home be screwing things up??? My internet at home got reeeaaaalll slow past 2 days. I ask because everytime I bring my phone by my router I can hear s buzzing through my speakers from my desktop.

I'm guessing the buzzing is likely just the GSM radio causing interference with a live speaker. AT&T/T-Mo users experience this a lot.

I doubt that it has anything to do with your home router.

malicious_a

Reaction score
I was stuck on 3g for most of the afternoon yesterday. Airplane switching didn't work. still having random 3g switches where I usually have 4g.

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Hmm. Back on 4g.

Wonder how long this will last.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

The LTE network was definitely having issues yesterday. If you disconnected for any reason (reboot, airplane mode, etc.) you were unable to reconnect. As long as you STAYED connected, you were fine.

jdparise

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I trued taking out the sim card and re installed it. Been working like a charm ever since.