Would you return your Motorola Droid for the Nexus One?

Havok

Reaction score
The one thing I cannot abide in GSM phones...

...is how they make speakers hum whenever they are near them... I loathe GSM.

Last edited:

zerodamage

Reaction score
If the Nexus One was on Verizon, i'd consider it but i really do like the physical keyboard the Droid has. Overall I love my Droid, still seeing the Nexus One has 512MB ram I am confused why Motorola didnt ship the Droid with 512MB as well.

If Swype were the default soft keyboard, I think I could do without the physical keyboard the droid has. I rarely use it as it is; my fingers are too long to use it well. Swiping on the other hand.....

JayMonster

Reaction score
I see nothing in the Nexus One that I consider so drool-worthy to trade in my Droid for it. I'd stake my Droid with 2.1 against the Nexus One and be quite happy with what I have.

jimnutt

Reaction score
Verizon and AT&T are both moving to LTE for 4G service. It has it's roots in GSM and uses a SIM card. Hopefully when that happens it'll make the US phone market more like the rest of the world, where phones aren't necessarily tied to the carrier. Of course, it's a few years off (Verizon has just started bringing it up in limited areas and there really aren't any handsets for it yet).

Oohyeah

Reaction score
Yea thats kinda why I went with the DRIOD. I knew there would be a better phone coming out spec wise but I just couldnt pass up the keyboard. Plus I just wanted something abit faster and had more mem than my Omnia wasn't looking for the newest of the new lol although DROID Is new. Anywho I love my DROID:motdroidhoriz: I find myself not liking the touch keyboard sometimes and its always nice to be like u know what bam slip keyboard out lol:motdroidhoriz:

crap, you know what? I made the post about how the lack of keyboard was a dealbreaker less than an hour ago, and now I've discovered Swype. After trying it for just a few minutes, I think I may never need a physical keyboard ever again!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

But do understand the chance of the nexus getting swype is slim to none, and what we are useing now on our droids is not a 100% working copy and will never be supported.

Thanks for making me feel slightly better... :biggrin:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll go broke trying to chase the newest hardware. Every 3 months you'll be getting new devices and switching phones. Not worth it for minor/no upgrades.
Ever heard of ebay? No reason to keep your former devices unless you're starting a museum.

I love the Droid's keyboard!! Really don't understand why some people hate it!
It's called subjective preference. Kinda like how not everyone likes the same foods, card, colors, you name it... :p

...is how they make speakers hum whenever they are near them... I loathe GSM.
Not all do. You're thinking of the 850MHz devices and that's just one GSM band of several. 1900MHz doesn't causes any interference in my experience unless you literally place the device on an unshielded speaker in my experience.

Verizon and AT&T are both moving to LTE for 4G service. It has it's roots in GSM and uses a SIM card. Hopefully when that happens it'll make the US phone market more like the rest of the world, where phones aren't necessarily tied to the carrier.
I doubt that SIM cards are the real hurdle -- it's the consumers' expectation of a device subsidy that's the real issue IMO and that will be extremely difficult to overcome.

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow interesting...I just got finished reading Engadget's Full Review of the Nexus One and in the wrap up they even leaned more toward choosing the droid over the Nexus One,
It's a good Android phone, but not the last word -- in fact, if we had to choose between this phone or the Droid right now, we would lean towards the latter.
I wonder why the iPhone's browser rendering is faster?

Omega384

Reaction score
no physical keyboard, no VZW... no nexus

the snapdragon is nice in it tho :)

kprojects

Reaction score
Since 2.1 is coming our way soon it makes it easier to wait it out until the 2yr contract is over with my droid :)

rebornlaxer

Reaction score
No i mean droid has a keyboard. The only thing droid is missing is 2.1 (Which we are getting anyways. So no i wouldn't trade it. And T-Mobile Suuuuuccccccckkkkkssss!!!:heart::motdroidvert:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah but Verizon will have the Nexus One in a few months.

No i mean droid has a keyboard. The only thing droid is missing is 2.1 (Which we are getting anyways. So no i wouldn't trade it. And T-Mobile Suuuuuccccccckkkkkssss!!!:heart::motdroidvert: